Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,947 Likes on 6,957 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion1369
I have a beautiful black 2006 7X14 http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers/legacy/ for sale. It is on drop axles with diamond plate ramp and dove tail. Has custom built aluminum cabinet across the nose, both top and bottom. Ordered with extra brace and wired for A/C. It is in excellent condition. Hauls our two dressers staggered perfectly. Been pulled less then 3000 miles and still smells new inside. The floor is painted dark gray with anti skid, the walls are light gray, and the ceiling is a bright gloss white.
How much $$$$$$$$$ ?

Any pictures of actual trailer?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a Classic trailer from those guys there on I-44 near you. I think they are between St. James and Cuba, on the north side of the interstate. I bought one just big enough for one bike, 5x8 V-Nose (10ft overall) because I have a small pick up. It fits, but its tight. They knocked a few hundred off the price because they had used the trailer a couple of times to haul dirt bikes. I had a couple minor issues and they took care of me without me having to take the trailer back up there (did the work myself, they sent the part). These trailers aren't the best ones made out there, but mine has held up well going on 4 years now.

http://www.classicmfg.com/

Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday

I have a beautiful black 2006 7X14 http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers/legacy/ for sale. It is on drop axles with diamond plate ramp and dove tail. Has custom built aluminum cabinet across the nose, both top and bottom. Ordered with extra brace and wired for A/C. It is in excellent condition. Hauls our two dressers staggered perfectly. Been pulled less then 3000 miles and still smells new inside. The floor is painted dark gray with anti skid, the walls are light gray, and the ceiling is a bright gloss white.

How much $$$$$$$$$ ?

Any pictures of actual trailer?

I have a Pace also with the dovetail, drop axles, etc. don't know what he's asking but it's a quality trailer.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
msbhvn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 7x14 and wish I had an 8. When loading you have to be careful of the fairing and if the fenders were inside it would give you more room to manuever.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain

I have a 6 x 12 and have hauled 2 dressers in it. Takes lots of patience to get them in and tied down. Gotta have lots of lube to get er dun!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 PM
boston138
Intermediate

I bought a 6x10 (inside) and was really disappointed that it's not wide enought for 2 classics. I feel that electric brakes are nessary for anything larger.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
krountre
Cruiser

I mentioned to the manufacturer of mine that they seem to build a lot of 8' x 16's. He said that size is the maximum they recommend for a half ton truck. More from a braking/weight standpoint than a "pulling" issue. Just something you might want to keep in mind if you're looking at a large trailer. You'll need a 3/4 ton or larger.

Interesting thing on mileage is that I get about the same thing empty or loaded. I guess its a wind resistance issue more than a weight issue. I get better mileage at 55 or less, but 70 on the highway will turn out 10 to 12 mpg.

Last edited by krountre; 02-04-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
richards6402
Advanced

I have a 7X12 Rance aluminum V-Nose trailer and I love it. The vnose actually provides about 2-3 feet additional room. It can hold two baggers if needed and it is light. It is debatable if the vnose provides better gas mileage but I believe it has to help. I would consider a 12 foot at least with tandem axles and brakes. It pulls nice behind my F-150 FX4. I use Condor chocks in case I am by myself and need to secure them.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 PM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orion- I know this post has been here a while, but I just happened upon it. Do you still have that trailer for sale? If so, please let me know.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:37 PM
gregorysfd
Tourer

I have a 7 x 12 Haulmark Edge low profile trailer , we loaded two dressers and rode from the east coast to Sturgis last year no problem, used Pro bike front wheel mounts staggered to fit better. I am selling it for $3,500.00 if anyone is interested. For pictures please email me at gregorysfd@comcast.net. I live in Delaware for anyone close wants to look.

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailers?