Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott vs Legends Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 AM
SE7EN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The height settings of the shocks (Arnott with Bilsteins) supposedly changes the amount of travel, etc. This is what the guy told me when I called and asked that question.. I have a buddy that has an air ride - we cannot figure out the brand but Ill tell you, after riding that I stopped looking for air ride. I would REALLY like to ride one with the Arnott setup; my buddies sucks seriously....looks cool is about it..

Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
assassin307
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
If it's adjustable height why get the 12" shocks, get the 13' ones and lower it to 12" and have the extra inch in reserve for rough roads or curves? Just my 2 cents.
This is what I went with and it works great. I have the 21x18 set up and the rear fender never hits the rear tire, even with no air in the system. Easy to install as well!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15000 miles on a Arnott system. I put the stock length (13in) on my 09 UC. No problems. Looks great slammed. I also use it to drop the bike on my center stand without any effort. Great system. Make sure you get the air pressure guage. That way you know where the best pressure to ride at everytime. I ride 1 up at 80 lbs and 2 up at 90 lbs.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Air Legends on my '06 Ultra now for 4 years and had a couple of problems. I had a slow leak that was difficult to isolate. Fortunately, Legends replaced the shocks at no cost. I also had a leak from the oil-filled air pressure gage that mounts in my fairing. I had to pay for a new gage. I also replaced my fairing mounted switch with the handlebar mounted switch so now I don't have to take my hands off the bars to raise/lower. I like the ability to adjust the shock's air pressure easily on the fly; but I don't think they're as smooth as the stock shocks.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:01 PM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Heathen
I run Arnott with Bilstien , 12'' shock ,didnt see a reason to have 11 rebound settings that Aldan shock offered. After 2 years no problems with this setup.
+1. I saw no reason for the 11 settings either. Bilstiens ride is just fine. And, of course cost was a consideration, but not 1 regret! On another quick note; My wrench installed this for me. Instead of the switch that came with the Arnott system he got a left lower switch housing from an Ultra and used the CB control switch to operate compressor. Very clean set-up!

Last edited by 07FLHT; 02-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

Have had arnott aldans for 2 years no complaints. I do agree that the adjustable rebound is useless. I never use it.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arnott air ride

I may be the only guy who didn't like the Arnott system.
I got the Bilsteins with the rebound control. I was never able to get it adjusted where I felt the ride was better or even close to stock. Even the rebound was never any good. I tried each setting several times prior to sending them back. Like I said I was never happy with the ride. The one good factor was being able to slam it. That was the best part and frankly why I ordered them. For a thousand bucks the ride had to be better. I am using Bitchen Baggers stock cut down air shocks at 10 3/4". The ride is as good as stock and lowered my bike as well.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 AM
jimomatic
Intermediate

They are both nice set ups but I'm leaning toward arnott

Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdoo
I may be the only guy who didn't like the Arnott system.
I got the Bilsteins with the rebound control. I was never able to get it adjusted where I felt the ride was better or even close to stock. Even the rebound was never any good. I tried each setting several times prior to sending them back. Like I said I was never happy with the ride. The one good factor was being able to slam it. That was the best part and frankly why I ordered them. For a thousand bucks the ride had to be better. I am using Bitchen Baggers stock cut down air shocks at 10 3/4". The ride is as good as stock and lowered my bike as well.
I was wondering if you ever bottom out, especially two-up loaded?

Quick Reply: Arnott vs Legends Air Suspension