Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom! Audio Vs J&M 7.25 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:49 PM
promet1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom! Audio Vs J&M 7.25 speakers

Harley has a New Boom! Audio™ High Performance Boom speakers vs the J&M 7.25 Speakers

Just left the dealer was chat'n with the parts Mgr about speakers, they had a bike on the floor owned by one of the staff with the new Boom! Audio™ High Performance Boom speakers, sounded great no amp ! @ $149 vs $279 can any one give me any insite ?

Also Phase 2 of my questiojn.......amp or no amp ?

Thanks

Old 02-27-2010, 01:17 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if HD actually makes these speakers, I would say J&M all the way.... Harley makes motorcycles not speakers... I would really have to research these but I could jump right into the J&M's as they have been making speakers and audio systems for some time.

I will soon have Hogtunes speakers (2) and the Hogtunes AMP, send me a PM maybe we could come to a fair deal for both of us, as I will be buying those new J&M speakers and their new amp.

RJ

Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I Got the new HD Boom speakers for X-mas and while they are much better than stock, I'm not completly satisfied. Doing some side by side comparison, I would say that it appears that J&M makes the HD boom speakers. I may be wrong, but they look to be to me. With all of the different speaker manufactors around I will probably go a different direction in the future. I would probably go with an amp and speaker combo from someone like Hawg wired or one of the Wet Sound Systems.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

The HD speakers are only 5.25" so compared to J&M 5.25" at $129, not possible to get sound of 7.25" speakers from a 5.25". I'd stay with J&M or Hogtunes.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

Everyone I have spoken at my local HD have said Hogtunes are the way to go and just a bit little less on the old pocketbook.I ordered the 5.25 J&M 3-way since they seem to be cornering the market.Guess I'll see if it was a mistake or a great buy,and they retail a little less than the boom's with shipping.My own ears do like those Hogtunes but J&M seems to be the speaker from all the reviews.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put the new Hogtune 5x7's and RG tweeter pod on tonight. Wow!! Better than the 902.2 set I had in. I could feel the bass on the floorboards when I tried them out in the garage.

The 2 together really worked out well. Impressed.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

DTTJ-Glide ,,,,

you are correct ,,,, all things being equal, the 7.25" J&Ms will provide more sound, compared to all others, simply because of their size,,,,

the J&M 7.25s have cone mass and volume similar to a 6X9" speaker, so it is really not a fair comparison to anything smaller ,,,,

the Harley BOOM speakers are still a 5.25" speaker, and even though they chose to make them look a lot like J&M's previous versions of speakers for the Harley, they are not at all like the J&M 5.25" speakers ,,,,,

Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 AM
jrdfatboy
Tourer

Hello John, I have a set of your speakers in my 07 Street Glide and love them, but if bigger is better how about a trade in on the 7.25s. lol

Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM
promet1
Advanced

Thanks John, that sure makes a lot of sence, so I think step 1 is to go with the JM 7.25's

Like I said I heard the Boom's next to stock at the dealer, Great sales tool !
Would love to hear the boom's next to the JM's

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
DTTJ-Glide ,,,,

you are correct ,,,, all things being equal, the 7.25" J&Ms will provide more sound, compared to all others, simply because of their size,,,,

the J&M 7.25s have cone mass and volume similar to a 6X9" speaker, so it is really not a fair comparison to anything smaller ,,,,

the Harley BOOM speakers are still a 5.25" speaker, and even though they chose to make them look a lot like J&M's previous versions of speakers for the Harley, they are not at all like the J&M 5.25" speakers ,,,,,

Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry but Boom and J&M audio is all crap junk! Biketronics is the way to go... Once they start to make the 7.25 speakers

Quick Reply: Boom! Audio Vs J&M 7.25 speakers