Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first pursuit of 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The kid was born in 1984. Thats pretty young to have such a bad record.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:10 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FFeric
The kid was born in 1984. Thats pretty young to have such a bad record.
I was born in 84...25 years old isnt a kid and some of the guys I grew up with have similar records at our age. Lucky for me, good parenting kept me out of trouble.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

he seemed like a kid to me. Some people just dont learn. He was telling me he was thinking about getting a rocket. I told him it was not a good idea. I would hate to see that insurance.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FFeric
he seemed like a kid to me
I can understand that...age and behavior rarely line up. Professionally, I've always been more mature. Socially, however...let's just say I'm a big kid at times

Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flhru
Just the first of 2010. Gotta remember we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground here. Not like sunny SoCal! Us suckers put our bikes away for the winter. Suffering from PMS all winter (parked motorcycle syndrome)
PMS that was a good one. Snow on the ground..... Sounds too cold for me... yeah would make it hard to chase a sports bike in the snow...

I don’t stop alot of bikes, unless they are just being idiots. When I do, I don’t write coupons that often, they have to really have a bad attitude in order for me to take the time to write one.

Most of the times, “Its Dumb A@s, ever see what happens to the human body when it hits the floor and then a solid object at what ever speed you were going? I have, slow down. I just ate, I don't want to see your dumb a@s splattered the entire road.” Hand them their license and as long as they are not idiots and have stopped for me in the first place, that usually gets them off. Unless of course it is a Gold Wing, then they get towed.

Kidding…

Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
SBJJC
Banned

I did have a sports bike three months ago ride by me on the freeway, pull along side me and give me the bird. He hoped up on the seat and at 75 pulled a wheelie and pulled away from me. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was like, game on Dumb A@s. He was going 125 on his rear wheel according to my radar. I called it ¼ mile into it. There was no way my Crown Vic was going to keep up with this guy even on one wheel. I had never seen anything like it before in my life. I was actually impressed.

I brought my unit back down to seven-five, go about another two miles, called it in and all. All the boys were setting up a large perimeter see if we could see him down the road. About four miles down the road, he pulled along side a CHP. And stops, as the officer exits his unit, the guy takes off again. But as he took off, the bike got away from him and he lost it. He was riding a Hayabusa, with twine turbo and nitrous oxide. The guy had what he said was 12 grand in the motor. He wasn't hurt, but I later found out he does this all the time. CHP had been looking for him for months. He would roll up on CHP units and just play with them running up and down the freeway.

One sergeant with the CHP told me the guy was running down the 8 out of San Diego, going along the desert floor and a CHP helo couldn’t keep up with this guy.

22 year old kid. One of the best riders I have ever seen. According to the CHP, this guy has been riding road race bikes for nearly 12 years and actually was a professional rider, until he got into meth and lost his pro lic.

Crazy stuff.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

The Oklahoma Highway patrol has a couple Hayabusa's. I was told they were only used on holiday weekends in areas known for fast reckless riding. Good looking bikes painted all black.

Beary

Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
GarArnett
Cruiser

Originally Posted by flhru

And before any first year law students jump on this thread,
15 years as a lawyer here, and former Hayabusa owner. I say what you did was right. Hope all you LEOs stay safe. You won't see me dissecting your statements from your work experiences on this board. HArd job, we need more good LEOs trying to do right, as all who have posted here seem to be.

I have had 2 stops for speeding on a motorcycle. 1st was on the 'busa, I was doing 95 coming out of a turn on a limited access 2-lane road. Thought I was going slow. I pulled over as soon as the lights came on. Was a simple ticket, KSP did his job, no problems either way. Second was on my last bike, a Triumph sport-tourer. Cop was a dick from the beginning - just my opinion. Goes that way sometimes. No worries. I generally don't care if I get a ticket in my half of the state. And I really don't care if I get one out of state, since by statute here, no points can be taken from my license from an out of state ticket. So I pay them and go on with no consequences.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
ltdan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBJJC
There was no way my Crown Vic was going to keep up with this guy even on one wheel. I had never seen anything like it before in my life. I was actually impressed.
The Vics are terrible for chasing anything. We now have the Charger package with the hemi. You still can't run down a sport bike with a good rider, but man these cars run and handle like a dream.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by dawg
I don't bother chasing bikes for that reason. Too much liability
+1. No deadly force here.

Quick Reply: first pursuit of 2010