Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM
hawkeyestoob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I finally got around to installing my set and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

I would have never believed what a difference this could make in my riding comfort.

Great product.

Craig

Old 05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to their site to check them out. Thanks

Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Dick1964
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally installed my extensions. Took me and a buddy about 15 minutes including a smoke break. I would recommend this product. My buddy will be ordering a set also. Very practical. I normally hate something about everything I order. Not these. Very well thought out.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 PM
cuzkee
Advanced

Got mine on! Love em'! There is sooo much more room to put your feet after a stop or while cruising. Install was simple, as long as you have a 3/8" drive hex bit and extension to work the left side. But....if you wrench on your own Harley, you know you need a bunch of tools anyhoo.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 AM
fgallardo
Advanced

I recieved mine the other day. boy I'm in a world of hurt trying to get these installed on my 06 Street Glide. I cant get my hex tool into the nut on the left side. How did you guys do it? I have most of saturday to try and get em installed.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM
LA Cox
Cruiser

Ordered a set for the front and rear of the scoot...made it to the house in like 3 days. Put them on and did about a 600 mile weekend trip into Louisiana...WOWWWW! I would never have thought that such a small spacer would make so much difference. I didn't use the pegs near as much as normal. Great product...great folks.

Late,

Old 05-07-2010, 11:57 AM
cuzkee
Advanced

Originally Posted by fgallardo
I recieved mine the other day. boy I'm in a world of hurt trying to get these installed on my 06 Street Glide. I cant get my hex tool into the nut on the left side. How did you guys do it? I have most of saturday to try and get em installed.
Welcome to the world of wrenching on your own Harley. I had the same problem on the left side. Had to go to Lowes and purchase the 3/8" SAE hex driver socket set. Then you'll need a driver extension bar from the hex socket to the ratchet. While you're there, go ahead and get the torx drivers too. You'll eventually need them!

Almost everytime I take on a DIY installation or modification on an HD, I need to get a new hand drive tool. Soon I should have all tools needed.

Today, I'm gonna install J&M 7.25" speakers, amp, and antenna. Almost certainly I'll need to make a run somewhere to get something needed to complete the installation!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Wow... sorry to hear about your trouble. I'm usally always available for telephone support. If you continue to have problems please call me at 626-253-2022
All the best,
Tom
HarleyGoodies

Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 76 Posts

With all the great reviews I had to get a set and I'm extremely pleased! Great quality and very fast serivce. A lot of "bang for the buck" with this product. Who knew an inch would make such a difference, but that's what she said LOL. I do concur with the instructions recommendation to check and clear any excess plating on the chrome bolts. Thanks Harley Goodies!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Dick1964
Cruiser

I wouldn't blame it on the product that you can't get the bolt out. Not saying you are. Just saying.

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Baggers