Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a great dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Desoto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a great dealer

After a long winter, I took my bike ('09 FLHTC) out and took it to the dealer for the gas tank recall. They did the repairs to the tank and told me about the service bulletin about the tire and that he changed it free of charge. He went as far as cleaning my front wheel while he was at it. We all heard of bad dealer service but mine is golden.

Anymore stories of great dealer service?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My local dealer, Oak Lawn Harley, has treated me like family. I'm greeted by first name when I walk in and they make me feel important when I hand them my money. Seriously, even when I don't spend money, they are some great guys & gals. I have never referred to them as my "Stealer" and never will.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 AM
pugs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had great experience with mine (electric city HD). I know some people have some bad stories, but they have always treated me really well. They have made minor repairs under waranty without ever asking a question. I have had some upgrades through them and they have been very helpful with getting what I want and not pressuring me in any way. They always remember who I am and treat me with respect.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 PM
audettd
Tourer

Its not that I dislike my dealer(they are friendly and nice to me)...I did the same exact thing as Desoto...I brought my 09 EG in for the gas tank recall today and had them look at my front tire. I got the "If its not an issue right now, then we don't need to replace it"...and that's fine. I'm not having an issue with the front tire and I've got 7.5K miles on it. I did stop by last week to pick up a new bolt that hold the seat to the rear fender (I had set it down during the fall while taking out the battery) and I couldn't find it this spring. The women at the counter waved her hand when she gave it to me (as to say no charge)...and I was very thankful for that. Today while checking out she said "All I need is $2.11 for that bolt I gave you". Well thankfully I found the bolt and I proudly said "I'll give you back yours". I'm not the type that expects something for free...but I do give the dealership a lot of business. I guess I sometimes feel put off even walking in there....like how much is this going to cost me type of thing.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Adamec Baymeadows in Jacksonville. MY salesman never even met me in person, never saw my bike, and had not even talked to me on the phone and had me a deal that was actually better than what I was thinking worked out. They gave me about 600 dollars more for my trade in than anybody else had even come close to offering me, and actually drove in crazy downtown Jacksonville traffic to Mandarin to pick me up from the hotel I was staying at for MEPS so I could come do my paperwork. They also gave me a discount for being military. Steve White, the salesman and Mike, the sales manager are some of the best people I've ever dealt with.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Hey, post your dealers name here. We ought to have a plug for him!!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
sengle4
Cruiser

Victorville Harley Davidson, Victorville, CA has always treated me well for the past fifteen years.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Everyone at my dealer (not anymore) is very friendly.

The service dept. SUCKS.
Sorry, I forgot, this was supposed to be about good dealers, my bad.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 PM
BoomBoom
Novice

I just bought a new 09FLHTCU from Apple HD in Pa. Great dealership and personel! This my first HD, I thought any dealer would be the same. Since Dec. 15 of last yr. i have been trying to spend my money and i couldnt even get them to call me back about my trade of a metric. i thought that was the market HD was after. Anyway the people at APPLE HD priced out the trade, arranged the money deal, checked on ins. and called me back in 1 hour.Deal done. Great dealership. If in the area stop by and say hi to them.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Myers-Duren HD in Tulsa, OK has been great to me. I really don't know of anything they could do to make me feel better about them unless they just started giving me stuff.

Quick Reply: I have a great dealer