Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Be careful with shiney ramps and floors. Our bike's tires were damp recently while loading, the back wheel spun, the rear of the bike instantly slid left and wedged itself into the corner of the trailer. Not only did I have trailer and bike damage, getting the Ultra off of the wall and slid back over to the center of the floor by myself was a real problem. I had to hold the bike up by one hand while hooking a ratchet strap to the rear wheel to winch the bike back to center again. I have a star plate floor, will be adding some gripping material to the ramp and floor soon. Glad I was sober that night.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya...the first pic in mine with the shiny black paint was right after I painted and before I scuffed it up to remove the gloss. the 2nd pic with the carpet on the walls is as it actually is...my wife wanted "shiny" since we camp in it...I said no way! It's not slippery at all and I've loaded/unloaded the bikes about 15-20 times in it so far and not one slipping issue (and I load/unload by myself).

Originally Posted by geargrinder
Be careful with shiney ramps and floors. Our bike's tires were damp recently while loading, the back wheel spun, the rear of the bike instantly slid left and wedged itself into the corner of the trailer. Not only did I have trailer and bike damage, getting the Ultra off of the wall and slid back over to the center of the floor by myself was a real problem. I had to hold the bike up by one hand while hooking a ratchet strap to the rear wheel to winch the bike back to center again. I have a star plate floor, will be adding some gripping material to the ramp and floor soon. Glad I was sober that night.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
If you have a v-nose and the inside is finished then mounting the cabinets and shelves are easy. I put a lowes corner cabinet in the upper part of the v-nose and then some peg board on the side for tools. My wife also got me a folding aluminum table/shelf for my birthday a couple years ago, works well and holds a couple rolls of shop towels. I also made a coat hanger under the v-nose cabinet.
Mines a 7x12 Horton Hauler with an extra 3 foot v-nose and the motorcycle package that has the trailer sitting lower and the rear inside slopes down so its easier to load lower bikes.
Nice setup except I would worry about stuff on the pegboard coming off and damaging front of bike. Just a thought.