Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of trading for a SG

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Neal Smith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nice Fatboy

That Fatboy would look real good with a nice set of hard bags on it

Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by centennialfatboy
I thought of that but like the other styled stuff that's on the SG. I could always add the tour pak on the SG if I needed it.

I saw a beautiful Rootbeer two tone SG on the net the other day. That color combo is so cool!

If'n that was one you were looking to buy and you really want it I would grab it. That was one of the limited edition colors last year.

And it is no problems adding a tour pak to an SG. I had one on my 08. It was detachable but only ever came off once. You get used to having the extra storage.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 496 Likes on 347 Posts

My shorty 1/2 helmet will fit in my Heritage saddlebag.
I don't usually do that though. I have those Harley helmet locks that go
on the rear crash bars. Just lock the helmet d-ring in there and you're good.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Lemayco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE 3/4 I wear doesn't fit in my 08 street glide. I went from a dyna lowrider to a 08 street glide 2 months ago, I wasn't sure if I was making the right choice. 2000 miles later I'm no longer wondering. The tunes, wind protection, cruise control, and storage is awesome. By the way I got it for $14,500 w/ 3700 miles on it with 2 1/2 more years on the extended warranty.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:59 PM
ARTHUNDER09
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an HD 1/2 or shorty D.O.T. helmet and it fits in my 09 street glide bag. Cram my gloves, goggles, facecover in the helmet and then into the saddle bag it goes.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

Yep, the saddlebags will hold a half helmet. The king tour pak will hold two full face helmets...

Old 04-01-2010, 09:18 PM
centennialfatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by emwolb
yes, a half helmet will fit. i've got a couple of half helmets, and they fit just fine. had you considered a pair of saddlebags for your fatboy? it'd probably be over twenty grand cheaper than getting an ultra. i have a pair of fatboy saddlebags that will bolt right onto your fatboy. pm me if interested.
I don't care much for bags on a fatboy. It's kinda more about getting the whole package in the SG. Thanks though...

Old 04-01-2010, 09:21 PM
centennialfatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lemayco
THE 3/4 I wear doesn't fit in my 08 street glide. I went from a dyna lowrider to a 08 street glide 2 months ago, I wasn't sure if I was making the right choice. 2000 miles later I'm no longer wondering. The tunes, wind protection, cruise control, and storage is awesome. By the way I got it for $14,500 w/ 3700 miles on it with 2 1/2 more years on the extended warranty.
Exactly! i think it's a good move for me. Just gotta find a deal like that! That's freakin' sweet! Congrats!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a HD half helmet and it fits. Just one warning, just make sure that it's all the way in, if not the screws on the bag lid will scratch the crap out of the side of your helmet. Hmmm ask me how I know.....

Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM
centennialfatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Garemlin
If'n that was one you were looking to buy and you really want it I would grab it. That was one of the limited edition colors last year.

And it is no problems adding a tour pak to an SG. I had one on my 08. It was detachable but only ever came off once. You get used to having the extra storage.
I would love to be getting that one. We're in the process of buying a new house, so it will have to wait just a bit longer. Hopefully it might still be there.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading for a SG