Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have lots of extra lights on the back of your Ultra Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does anyone have lots of extra lights on the back of your Ultra Classic?

It just don't seem to have enough lights on the back of my '03 Ultra Classic. I would like to add several lights on the back and was wondering if there are any of you that have added light and have a picture of what you have?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone have lots of extra lights on the back of your Ultra Classic?

i have the double stacked glo lights, license platelights ,light around the palte itself,light bar led,spoiler tourpak light with matching saddlebag lid lights. if harley made it it is on my bike.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:35 AM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have lots of extra lights on the back of your Ultra Classic?

I put this on under the backrest. Can't tell ya where I got it but heres a few sites that you may find something you like.
radiantz
hoglite
signaldynamics

Old 08-10-2006, 12:42 AM
SSmike1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ADDED the HYPER-LIGHTS

they are LED running AND BRAKE Lights!

AWESOME

http://www.hyperlites.com/

add this in 30 Minutes.

they have double sided tape, and Stick onto the Bottom of the trunk.

I had them on my 02 FLHTCU, never fell of.

THEY ARE AWESOME

Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 AM
SSmike1
Intermediate

http://www.hyperlites.com/uniwiring.html

or

http://www.hyperlites.com/unikits.html

http://www.cartserver.com/sc/cart.cgi

just get the 8 LED universal kit!

works great!

Old 08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced the rear fender tip light with item# FTL5001 [a cluster of 24 dual intensity LED’s] and the main tail/brake/license light with item# TLHS5001 [this item has 48 LED’s at low intensity, with those plus 17 additional LED’s at high intensity and 3 white LED’s for license illumination] manufactured by HeavyCycles.

Installation is a simple process. The rear fender tip light was replaced with a dual intensity, red fender tip light (providing running and brake light functionality) came pre-wired with the correct plug to make it plug-and-play – it did require that the original push bulb socket be removed from the fender tip housing, however. The main tail/brake/license light replacement required only removing the stock lens and bulb and replacing it with the complete LED assembly provided.

It is this writer’s opinion that the LED’s are at least as bright as the incandescent bulbs they replaced and, with the multiple light points in each cluster and the instant on, were more noticeable. The dual intensity, rear fender tip light provides additional brake light capacity in addition to a more noticeable running light. Many comments were received from other riders regarding the high visibility of the LED’s – and high visibility means an added level of safety. And the company provided unequaled customer service.

Be sure to tell Joe at Heavycycles 'bogie' referred you...

There should be a picture of the rear of my bike (never tried that before and it doesn't show in the posting window) - remember digital cameras pick up the intense red as more amber thatn real life - they are very bright red. Also - all the lights you see are LED's - I've replaced all the incandescents except head and passing lamps.

HeavyCycles
6114 La Salle Ave. #530
Oakland, CA 94611
Joe Albe
jalbe@heavycycles.com
415-377-3083

[IMG]local://upfiles/15130/04801D70F086473E8D6E1494C2BCD99E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Em45
6th Gear

I'm thinking of getting the FTL5001 from customdynamics.com, but not sure about it yet. also looking at Billet Boys same LED fender tip/brake light combo http://www.billetboys.com/catalog/prod_detail.cfm?ItmID=226[/u].

Do you still like your fender rear tip/brake light LED combo unit?

Em ...

Old 04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airplanes follow me at night, thinking I'm the airport! I'm having trouble posting pics, but I added the spoiler to the tour pack and saddle bags,electra-glo light rail (single stack), and replaced the bumper with the LED light bumper. T/S switched to brake and T/S. Side lights... put the passenger floor board LED cover on, and the LED saddlebag latch.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bogiediver
[IMG]local://upfiles/15130/04801D70F086473E8D6E1494C2BCD99E.jpg[/IMG]
Hey, Joe, you got a turn signal light out.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You bet - lots of comments on it...

As you can see from the picture - I like lots of lights - and all being LEDs, almost no draw...

customdynamics is a good one source for all the LEDs - be sure to let them know bogie recommended them.

That picture above is actually posted on one of their website pages...

Quick Reply: Does anyone have lots of extra lights on the back of your Ultra Classic?