Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project complete! Introducing ....... Bat-King

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:46 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jonny, your project looks fabalus, mine is done too, I have two questions?

1. How is the ARC amp doing?
2. How do you get pictures on the screen?
I want to show mine off too!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Ask my wife When we bought the bike we just got married, and I just stepped off a 06 FLSTN, because she liked to ride and it wasn't cutting the mustard for us. So, we went into the dealer and they had a brand new 08 SG, and 08 RKC, both vivid black sitting side by side. I said which one do you like, since those were my top 2 choices. She said, the RKC. Then, to my surprise, she wanted to start touring more and more, so I just started changing this and that, and then pondered trading/selling for a SG or and Ultra.............. Thanks to the economy, bikes took it in the shorts and I wasn't giving mine away. So, here we are! Give me a couple minutes and it looks like a SG, that's what I love about it. I'm not stuck with all the excess, but I truly wanted the SG to begin with. My wife got to pick the bike, now I get to modify it
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for explaining. If wives didn't have control over the pooty, live would be so much simpler woundn't it. lol

The bike looks great but how about a couple of pictures in Street Glide form?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY nice job! I'd love to start something like that on mine. My wife will kill me if I do anything else this year. I'm pretty sure I'm cleared for modifications for winter though! I'll be looking ya up!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
John10962
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidw221
Jonny, your project looks fabalus, mine is done too, I have two questions?

1. How is the ARC amp doing?
2. How do you get pictures on the screen?
I want to show mine off too!
The amp is awesome. Paired with 4 ARC speakers and dialed in it sounds better than my car stereo. Pics on the screen? I assume you mean posting pics on here? Load them onto a hosting site, I use photobucket.com. Then when done, open a post here, copy the link, click on the "insert image" button and attach the link. If you did it right you can preview your post to make sure it worked.
Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy

The bike looks great but how about a couple of pictures in Street Glide form?
I was thinking the same thing the other day, and I'm going to strip it down and give it a look see this week. Just got it all done and the weather turned to crap, so I haven't done much since I got er done.

Originally Posted by joewg3
VERY nice job! I'd love to start something like that on mine. My wife will kill me if I do anything else this year. I'm pretty sure I'm cleared for modifications for winter though! I'll be looking ya up!
Any questions, just ask. It wasn't as hard as I thought, once I got past the fear of taring into a 2 year old bike.......

Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

could have sold the 2008 bike and updated to a real flht preferably a year newer with the updated frame and all for probably the same money if not cheaper. good excuse blame it on the wife. guess she wears the pants in the family

Last edited by leohd; 05-03-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
could have sold the 2008 bike and updated to a real flht preferably a year newer with the updated frame and all for probably the same money if not cheaper. good excuse blame it on the wife. guess she wears the pants in the family
Well, then he'd have missed the opportunity to do something for himself. Some guys actually like to work with their hands. Others just whip out the checkbook.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
sweetglide06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Well, then he'd have missed the opportunity to do something for himself. Some guys actually like to work with their hands. Others just whip out the checkbook.
guess I like working with my hands and brain..when I wanted a batwing I sold my ol roadking updated 3 years with 30,000 miles less and it only cost me $1500. then I started the customizing process all over WITH MY HANDS!. attached a pic of the ol road king
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by leohd; 05-03-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:07 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Jonny did a great thing turning his bike into a fairing bike. He has his own custom done with his own hands.

It isn't only about money, is it Jonny? It's about making your bike your own and doing it yourself.

I applaud you.

Quick Reply: Project complete! Introducing ....... Bat-King