Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-stream came back in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:46 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default X-stream came back in the mail

I was one of the participants in the Xstream windshield test and chose the classic flip design because the X-stream was a bit radical for my taste. I sent back the 8" dark return on 3-1-10 and the 10" dark on 4-2-10 and today May 14th, and the box's just came back to me... They are marked "Box Closed"!!!
Anyone else have this happen to them???
The post office will not refund me the postage and I'll have to pay to ship them again in order to return them to Long Ride Shields...

Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
chasd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DId you try calling the company?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased a 10" medium ultra flip shield from Longride shields a few weeks ago and was excited to get it. I ordered it the night before they had there $10 off sale weekend. I emailed them and called and finally got a response back about getting the extra discount. Matt's reply from Longride was he could not offer the extra discount but he could make sure I had the best possible customer service. Ok I can live with that, I got the shield and was about to mount the shield on my 09 SG and took it out in the sun and there were several like crimp or strech marks in the shield so there was no way I was going to mount it on my bike. I emailed and again called the company and asked about how I should handle this, Matt took a few days and emailed back that they would send out a second shield and for me to return the first shield.

Well I email Matt and asked about how I should send the first shield back as I have already paid for shipping once and the product is not up to a high quality product. I have not heard back from anybody at Longride shields. A few days go by and I get me second 10" medium tint Ultra shield. Again I was excited to try it out and compare it to my 9.5" Clearview recurve. I had worked a lond day so I was unable to get to it until Tuesday of this week. So Tuesday night I get home and take off my original shield and open up the box to my second Longride shield and start to inspect it and the second shield looks way worse then the first shield I got from them. I emailed and have called them and have not heard anything from them. Normally I am not one to complain to much but I will not mount either of these shields on my bike and am still waiting for someone from Longride to respond back to me as I have paid for a product that has seveare quality issues and at this point I just would like my money back and return both shields to them. I can understand growing pains but I have not received great customer service I have not even gotten customer service.

Is the anybody out there at Longride shields? Please call, email, text, PM, telegraph something.

I have purchased from forum sponsors as well as bought and sold stuff on this forum and never until now had an issue. I am maybe going to Street Vibrations in a few weeks and could even return the shields direct to them in Reno but there is no address.

I guess I would have to say buyer beware with this company and product but I guess that is my 2 cents. Maybe Longride can post a response to these issues.

On a positive note is 80 degrees and sunny in Oregon this weekend and its Friday. Time to go for a ride.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I called the post office where Longride Shields PO box is to see if they could tell me if the box had been closed or not and they cannot tell that information out to the public. So I guess we wait to see if we get a response or if I and maybe others am out $100.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

I just checked their web site. .........It's still up and running, and they are taking orders and credit card numbers.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

Originally Posted by Scubamike
I called the post office where Longride Shields PO box is to see if they could tell me if the box had been closed or not and they cannot tell that information out to the public.
Well I think the PO box was closed out. I have two Priority box's with 2 stickers each that came back saying "Box closed No forwarding on file"... They were both shipped USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. It's surprising to me that its been so long since the original ship date on the first box (3-1-10) till today 5-14-10 to return to me. Together the cost was about $28 and change...
I don't feel justified to pay the shipping a second time if it was there fault! BUt they do belong to Long Ride.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

Originally Posted by will2002
I just checked their web site. .........It's still up and running, and they are taking orders and credit card numbers.
Looks like its a wait and see... I sent Matt an email with delivery confirmation numbers so he can check it out... I'll post if I get a reply.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 PM
dan11809
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubamike
I purchased a 10" medium ultra flip shield from Longride shields a few weeks ago and was excited to get it. I ordered it the night before they had there $10 off sale weekend. I emailed them and called and finally got a response back about getting the extra discount. Matt's reply from Longride was he could not offer the extra discount but he could make sure I had the best possible customer service. Ok I can live with that, I got the shield and was about to mount the shield on my 09 SG and took it out in the sun and there were several like crimp or strech marks in the shield so there was no way I was going to mount it on my bike. I emailed and again called the company and asked about how I should handle this, Matt took a few days and emailed back that they would send out a second shield and for me to return the first shield.

Well I email Matt and asked about how I should send the first shield back as I have already paid for shipping once and the product is not up to a high quality product. I have not heard back from anybody at Longride shields. A few days go by and I get me second 10" medium tint Ultra shield. Again I was excited to try it out and compare it to my 9.5" Clearview recurve. I had worked a lond day so I was unable to get to it until Tuesday of this week. So Tuesday night I get home and take off my original shield and open up the box to my second Longride shield and start to inspect it and the second shield looks way worse then the first shield I got from them. I emailed and have called them and have not heard anything from them. Normally I am not one to complain to much but I will not mount either of these shields on my bike and am still waiting for someone from Longride to respond back to me as I have paid for a product that has seveare quality issues and at this point I just would like my money back and return both shields to them. I can understand growing pains but I have not received great customer service I have not even gotten customer service.

Is the anybody out there at Longride shields? Please call, email, text, PM, telegraph something.

I have purchased from forum sponsors as well as bought and sold stuff on this forum and never until now had an issue. I am maybe going to Street Vibrations in a few weeks and could even return the shields direct to them in Reno but there is no address.

I guess I would have to say buyer beware with this company and product but I guess that is my 2 cents. Maybe Longride can post a response to these issues.

On a positive note is 80 degrees and sunny in Oregon this weekend and its Friday. Time to go for a ride.

I don't have a dog in this action,but you will find even Klock werks shields have wavy patterns if you look through them.My old Klock Werks shield did!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the problem of trying to return the product and they wouldn't take it back. They would exchange it for another but said "we would go out of business if we took back returns". If that doesn't say something about the product then what does. Go with clearview or somebody else and save yourself a headache.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

Best customer service in the business. I really like their shield too.

Attached Thumbnails X-stream came back in the mail-photo004.jpg  

Quick Reply: X-stream came back in the mail