Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   The PERFECT Ultra cup holder IMO with pics (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/515929-the-perfect-ultra-cup-holder-imo-with-pics.html)

BurgundyUltra06 05-16-2010 12:15 PM

The PERFECT Ultra cup holder IMO with pics

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve been reading threads on cup holders and looking at the products available, and wasn’t able to find exactly what I wanted, but I now have it. Here were my considerations:

· I didn’t want a handle bar mounted set up – too much vibration and with my GPS mounted that way, I’ve got enough going on there anyway.
· I didn’t want a fairing or windshield mount…
· I didn’t want a front of saddlebag mount due to the exhaust heat and interference with my wife’s seating position.
· I liked the idea of a lower-fairing mount (accessible but not in the way) but couldn’t find a style I liked (and I didn’t want to carry around another key for lockable covers either).
· I really liked the style of our friend Captain-Itch’s cup holder product line, but he didn’t have the mount option I was looking for initially.

We opened a dialog, and he hooked me up with a super product that was exactly what I was looking for – classic styling and snap-mounted on my lower fairing glove box cover (replacing OEM cover with a nice leather one). Really high quality too. I put in on Friday evening and tried it out yesterday on a 320 mile ride and it works fantastic!

Larry also included a coolie that fits in great and holds smaller water bottles, cans, etc. Without the coolie inserted, it accommodates the “fatter” bottles. Pictures of each are attached.

I suspect that he may make a “product” out of this snap-on lower fairing mounted cup holder, but I can’t speak for him in that regard. He and Isabel make a great team and are a pleasure to work with, so I believe that they’d be willing to make other “exceptions” if nothing else.

Be safe,

'05Train 05-16-2010 12:27 PM

Larry & Isa are the best, and that's a fine-looking drink holder.

bruce sg08 05-16-2010 12:52 PM

damnnnnnnnnnn where were you last month. Same concerns you had, went with hog Trough good quailty piece and I am happy with it, but have to get Keys retooled yet. Like the added security of the hard doors, but if I would have scene this before hand????

BurgundyUltra06 05-16-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by bruce sg08 (Post 6722882)
damnnnnnnnnnn where were you last month. Same concerns you had, went with hog Trough good quailty piece and I am happy with it, but have to get Keys retooled yet. Like the added security of the hard doors, but if I would have scene this before hand????

Sorry about that..."a day late and a dollar short" is usually my story :icon_beerchug:

brockstwrt 05-16-2010 01:36 PM

+1 for cpt itch. My holder is on my bars and the leather is SUPER thick. This thing will last as long as the bike does. His prices are very reasonable too, I got the cupholder,coozie, and mounting hardware for the same price as most mounts.

BurgundyUltra06 05-16-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by brockstwrt (Post 6722977)
+1 for cpt itch. My holder is on my bars and the leather is SUPER thick. This thing will last as long as the bike does. His prices are very reasonable too, I got the cupholder,coozie, and mounting hardware for the same price as most mounts.

I gotta agree on all this and 05Train's comments (which BTW, is a very black train -- too cool). I don't know how Larry's able to shape that thick of a leather -- you could use that stuff for body armor. Yup, fair pricing too; based on my interactions, he's an honorable man with integrity, and unfortunately there's not many of us left! :icon_worthy:

firebrick 05-16-2010 01:59 PM

holy hell i want one, capt itch how much? how do we order that?

brockstwrt 05-16-2010 02:28 PM

http://www.capt-itch.com/

BurgundyUltra06 05-16-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by brockstwrt (Post 6723119)

Thanks Brock. I had it linked further above, but trying to "take care of our own" speaks novels in my 'olde skool' book of philosophy-- so I appreciate your reinforcement of that.

Best regards,

WideBoy04 05-16-2010 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I refuse to buy a drink holder when I got one.
Here's mine. I will consider yours when mine wears
out or no longer functions.