Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Gary Beatty inner bearing pulled and installer tool (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/516656-gary-beatty-inner-bearing-pulled-and-installer-tool.html)

j1mmy 08-31-2010 02:35 PM

you can get both tools from autozone for free

MoChrome 08-31-2010 03:09 PM

I ordered a TC96 bearing tool from Gary Beatty on Friday and received it Monday. Instructions that come with the tool are spot on. It took me maybe 15 minutes to pull and install both bearings. Well worth the $ even though I may not use it very often.

I'm kicking around the idea of maybe renting it out to recoup some of my costs. Maybe something like $20 plus return shipping. Someone could rent the tool for thier cam project for around $25 instead of spending almost $100 to buy one.

The renter would need to pay a deposit equal to the cost of the tool via PayPal up front just in case they decide to keep the tool, lose or damage it. Once I receive it back I would refund the deposit, less the rental fee.

Just a thought.

18BKLR 09-06-2010 03:10 PM

Anybody out there want to sell the tool? I will paypal ASAP.

iclick 09-06-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by MoChrome (Post 7222272)
I'm kicking around the idea of maybe renting it out to recoup some of my costs.

If you decide to do this let us know so we can promote it. I think this would be a great idea where everyone gains.

18BKLR 09-06-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by iclick (Post 7249362)
If you decide to do this let us know so we can promote it. I think this would be a great idea where everyone gains.

I agree. We can pass one around the country and let everybody use it. Pass it with some pics and names and you never know where it might end up. I am willing to use it first and get it set up in a really nice case for shipping and such. :icon_banana:

bennenrkc 09-14-2010 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by j1mmy (Post 7222065)
you can get both tools from autozone for free

Can you explain? I will be doing a change this winter and would love to rent one, and would be agreeable to the terms MOCHrome suggested. If you do end up renting it out please let me know.

atrain68 09-14-2010 10:25 AM

Just a thought...
It might be better for Gary if you buy the tool and sell it if you don't want it. JMHO.

bennenrkc 09-14-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by atrain68 (Post 7283630)
Just a thought...
It might be better for Gary if you buy the tool and sell it if you don't want it. JMHO.

Wouldn't it also be better if you didn't sell the tool after you are done with it forcing others to buy from Gary? If I had seen the part you had for sale before it sold, I would have bought yours used. How is that any different from rental? If I dont find a rental or used, I will buy a new one and try to do just that sell it. Anyone got one they want to sell?

cooper57M 09-14-2010 01:11 PM

I'm looking to buy one. I just sent him a E-Mail. Is this the only way to contact him? Does he have a website?

1931jamesw 09-14-2010 01:51 PM

It's been a while since I bought mine but I think I purchased via email. I don't think he has a website.