Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Gary Beatty inner bearing pulled and installer tool (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/516656-gary-beatty-inner-bearing-pulled-and-installer-tool.html)

1931jamesw 05-18-2010 06:59 AM

Gary Beatty inner bearing pulled and installer tool

For you guys thinking about changing your cams, this is a superb tool and Mr. Beatty is excellent to work with as far as communication and very punctual about delivering the tool. I payed for mine via paypal on a saturdey morning and had is at my house the following Monday. This tool pulls the inner bearing and also installs the inner bearing for the camshafts and only cost $85. The same tool from Georges garage is $85 for the puller and $85 for the installer so it's half the cost and a must have to install the bearings correctly. I promised Mr. Beatty I would post this here as he said his advertising was by word of mouth and that is how I heard of the tool. Just wanted to keep my word to him and let you guys know about this great tool.

lionsm13 05-18-2010 07:04 AM

You should put his email address up then. That might help too.

timvan 05-18-2010 07:06 AM

Excellent tool indeed. Ive been using mine for the past year on all twinkie cam installs

dawg 05-18-2010 07:06 AM

:icon_toast: Great tool & tool maker indeed.

hubble 05-18-2010 07:22 AM

How do I get in touch with him? email, phone,

1931jamesw 05-18-2010 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by lionsm13 (Post 6731364)
You should put his email address up then. That might help too.

Here it is. beattygw@sbcglobal.net

atrain68 05-18-2010 08:22 AM

+1 on the Gary Beatty tool. Great guy to do business with. The tool works great and the price is right.

Certified Drunk 05-18-2010 08:43 AM

Anyone have a picture of what I might buy?

iclick 05-18-2010 09:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll offer another thumbs-up for this tool. I've used it several times and it is very well engineered at a very reasonable price. You can read more about it here, but you may need to register with HTT to access this thread. BTW, some of parts in the photos on p. 2 are different from mine, as instead of a long bolt mine has a rod that's threaded on one end with no bolt head. I assume the one I have is a revised version or the one in the HTT photo is for another application. He makes tools for Evo, early-TC, and late-TC. See photo of mine (late-TC) that I didn't clean before shooting.

Removing the bearing is very easy and installing the new ones will seat them at the exact depth, so there is no guesswork. In photo #2 you can see the machining that allows this.

FLHTCU Owner 05-18-2010 11:57 AM

That is good to hear, because the brown truck is delivering my cams today (Andrews 26H) and bought the Beatty tool awhile back in anticipation of installing cams.