Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which HD Dealer in San Antonio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which HD Dealer in San Antonio?

Well, I'm moving to San Antonio. It's a work-related move that should help ensure job security, something that is rather tenuous for me here in Knoxville.

Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville has been great. I will surely miss them. In the San Antonio area there are two HD dealers - Alamo HD and Gruene HD. Anyone have experience with either one?

I'm riding to San Antonio for closing on the house June 24-25 (may try to do the ride in one day) and my motorcycle will need scheduled maintenance just about the time I get there.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:06 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Alamo City HD and Gruene HD used to be owned by the same person, as well as Javelina HD just south of Boerne. He sold Alamo City to Cowboy HD but it is still called Alamo City HD. There is also Caliente HD in San Antonio. So you have four HD dealerships in the area. Alamo City used to have a good service department but I have not used them under the new ownership. I would try them first. The owner of Gruene and Javelina is Hal Gottsacker (sp?) and he is a good guy with a long time connection with HD. I bought my last bike from Javelina but do most of my own service. They all seem to be a friendly bunch that appreciate your business.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just moved from San Antone...and for me it was either Caliente or Javelina.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
lonn711
Advanced

I live in San Antonio and have done business with Caliente HD and Cowboy Alamo City HD.

Cowboy Alamo City HD is no doubt the best scooter service, prices, customer service.

Welcome to San Antonio, Texas!!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

Welcome to SA - I have not had service done at Alamo, with the exception of what they did before they sold me my "new to me" Ultra. Not terribly impressed with their "pre-sale" check, other than that I can't comment. The salesman bent over backwards to help and I've bought from him before so that part was good. Not done business with Javelina so can't comment. Caliente seems to be OK - parts guys are good but haven't used service there. Lots of dealers to choose from!

Again, welcome!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Bought two bikes from Caliente the 08 Street Bob then traded it in for the 09 Street Glide. I've used them for service on both and have never had any real problems with them. Only live a couple of miles from them so they are my primary dealer. Also belong to their HOG chapter. Good selection of parts with knowledgeable sales people.

They've also been voted as on of the top 50 dealerships in the states for customer satisfaction.

I give them a thumbs up.

Welcome to San Antonio you'll enjoy the riding in the area.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Good to know - I'll try their service dept. next time I need to have something done I can't do.

+1 on riding here: The Hill Country is great riding. Looks like a TxMotoFoto shot off 337 there in your sig, SciFiGuy! I have a few of those.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by sargek
Good to know - I'll try their service dept. next time I need to have something done I can't do.

+1 on riding here: The Hill Country is great riding. Looks like a TxMotoFoto shot off 337 there in your sig, SciFiGuy! I have a few of those.
Yep that's where it was taken all right. Need to get up there with the Glide though. Thinking of doing the sisters again this weekend maybe.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I live in the Houston area, I bought a set of saddlebag latch lights from Alamo HD in 2008. Everything was good...I received them in about 3 days. Only thing was, they had not charged me for them...just boxed em up n shipped. Sure, I could have kept them, not said a word....no one would have known the difference. Same time frame, GF and I went on a vacation trip to San Antonio. I went by their store on I 35 N, went in and found the parts guy who sent em to me, and paid him. He had a RELIEVED look on his face. Said thank you, appreciate it and your business, ect. This was a Thursday. Well, they were in 'conversion' to Cowboy's ownership @ the time, and Friday starting a 20-50% off sale on T-shirts, ect. I asked if they'd sell me a discounted shirt for GF and myself....said "No! I'd HAVE to come back Friday!" Long story short....Screw em!!! They'll never get another $ from "Jr".

GF's brother bought an '09 FLHX from an individual in San Antonio. We met @ Caliente HD for 'paperwork', transfer, ect. Pouring rain outside.....Caliente treated us like we were lifelong customers. Offered us a dry place, salemen talked to us about bikes, ect knowing we were NOT going to buy one. Even fed us lunch...all on THEIR dime. I know, pizza's cheap...but it's the thought.

So, after this NOVEL....my vote is for Caliente HD. Good People...Good Store!

Billy G

PS....after lunch I did get a T'shirt from em...

Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by BillyG0856
Although I live in the Houston area, I bought a set of saddlebag latch lights from Alamo HD in 2008. Everything was good...I received them in about 3 days. Only thing was, they had not charged me for them...just boxed em up n shipped. Sure, I could have kept them, not said a word....no one would have known the difference. Same time frame, GF and I went on a vacation trip to San Antonio. I went by their store on I 35 N, went in and found the parts guy who sent em to me, and paid him. He had a RELIEVED look on his face. Said thank you, appreciate it and your business, ect. This was a Thursday. Well, they were in 'conversion' to Cowboy's ownership @ the time, and Friday starting a 20-50% off sale on T-shirts, ect. I asked if they'd sell me a discounted shirt for GF and myself....said "No! I'd HAVE to come back Friday!" Long story short....Screw em!!! They'll never get another $ from "Jr".

GF's brother bought an '09 FLHX from an individual in San Antonio. We met @ Caliente HD for 'paperwork', transfer, ect. Pouring rain outside.....Caliente treated us like we were lifelong customers. Offered us a dry place, salemen talked to us about bikes, ect knowing we were NOT going to buy one. Even fed us lunch...all on THEIR dime. I know, pizza's cheap...but it's the thought.

So, after this NOVEL....my vote is for Caliente HD. Good People...Good Store!

Billy G

PS....after lunch I did get a T'shirt from em...
Hell if I had been the parts guy I would of bought you a shirt out of my own pocket for coming in like that.

I do get out to Alamo now and then due to the sales they have on clothing etc. Picked up my latest helmet at 50% off a couple of months ago.

I get out to Javalina as well since the salesman that sold me my two bikes now works out of there. I have give him his prop's due to him going out of his way to work a deal for me when he knew I was looking to get the Glide.

So if you get out to Javalina tell Ray Jim said hey.

Quick Reply: Which HD Dealer in San Antonio?