Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes for the 2010 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:26 AM
LOW N BLACK
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the D&D Fat Cat and the new Zippers air filter combo. It is tuned so you dont need a aftermarket tuner. Read on D&D website about this new combo. It sounds great and performance is way kick ***!!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the Nitestick, too. Will removing the end cap make the bike slower, by losing torque? Will your right calf get cooler too? Lastly, is it a tough job to remove the cap?

Tks. BB

Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuel Moto 2-1 head pipe and a power tube muffler

Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

First of all, welcome to the forums. I like the D&D as well. All 3 of us at the shop run the D&D fatcat. that being said, V&H power duals are nice, Rinehart true duals are nice as well if you are looking for duals. Whatever you decide, hit us up for discounted forum pricing via PM or email or by calling the shop.

Drew

Old 06-03-2010, 09:56 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by LOW N BLACK
I went with the D&D Fat Cat and the new Zippers air filter combo. It is tuned so you dont need a aftermarket tuner. Read on D&D website about this new combo. It sounds great and performance is way kick ***!!
Bit confused now!
So you can fit a D&D fat cat 2-1(eliminating the stock pipes w/cat) with a free flow intake filter with no tuner /fueler!!
thought stock ecm would run it real lean as not able compensate

Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Benito
I have the Nitestick, too. Will removing the end cap make the bike slower, by losing torque? Will your right calf get cooler too? Lastly, is it a tough job to remove the cap?

Tks. BB
It's definately not going to help your bottom end power but I had to do something while I was deciding on an aftermarket exhaust. I was just TOO damn quiet.

I'm not noticing things being any cooler.

It's not a tough job. If you don't have a 5/32 Tamper-proof hex bit for the one allen head bolt which is "tamper-proof" (which I did not), just take a small drift punch or straight slot screwdriver and a hammer, lightly tap the pin in the center of the tamper-proof allen from side to side a few times, it will break off and you can then remove the bolt with a standard 5/32 allen bit or allen wrench. You can take everything (diffuser discs, closed end cap, and the outer trim ring) off and leave it off. Or I chose to just remove the closed end cap and re-install the diffuser discs and the trim ring. I think it looks better this way.

Attached Thumbnails Pipes for the 2010 Street Glide-exhaust-pic.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,406 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Here's what your "Header Pipe" looks like with the Catalytic Converter (buy new header pipes).
I wish that picture was a sticky.... lol It's pretty damn obvious when you look at that you are not going to get the sound you are after with that hunk of metal in there.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 AM
NUKE BOMB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lose the head pipe you will be a happy man I did on my 2010 SG, went with Thunderheader & heavy breather-Love the THUNDER

Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LOW N BLACK
I just got off the phone with D&D acording to them they say no tuner required on 09-10 bikes with thier pipe and a free flowing air cleaner. He did also say It will run cooler and gain 1-2% power with a tuner but stressed it wasnt needed. Just passing the info on.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It will run much cooler with a tuner and a proper tune from Dyno. That is a fact. If you want to throw on pipe and air without a tuner ahve it, my opinion varies from that of D&D's and were it my ride I would put a tuner. I don't care how it is setup, a tuner is well worth it any day of the week.

Drew

Quick Reply: Pipes for the 2010 Street Glide