Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Southridge
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post helped me fix a problem with the volume switch. The dealer tried and failed.
Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Upgrade software??

Most of the newer electronics (ie. sony tv's. etc.) require a firmware download to update the electornic component. Is there any firmware update for the HK radio?

Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 AM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link is found in a thread called: HD Radio Update

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...io-system.html

Regards,
Ken

P.S.

You'll need WinZip or other utility to unzip the files then burn them to a CD.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
smokinsedonastreetglide
Cruiser

mt issue is that when i park the bike for the night,the radio seems to default back to the am channel.it wont do it if i just shut it off for a few mins or even an hour or so,seems to need to be overnight.any ideas,this started after i put chrome switches on the controls.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:14 AM
DetroitDetomaso
Advanced

Originally Posted by 18BKLR
Find it a lot easier to pull the HK out and sell it on Ebay. 800-1000 bucks. Spend that money at biketronics and your problems are gone, and you get a way better stereo in the end. Just my opinion
Will I still be able to use the hand controls?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Landon
Tourer

bump.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
SCPOBob
6th Gear

Okay gang, need some ideas (I know at least one is "It's new, take it to the Dealer", this is in my plans if I can't figure this out on my own); anyway I am very familiar with setting up and using the CB on the bike during group rides, we had one on 1/1/12, however after doing & re-doing the initial - Channel, Volume, Squelch settings:
- I could see the group keying and talking on the display, but I was not able to hear them (nor was my wife)
- Apparently no one could hear me calling
- All other audio sources (less GPS, haven't tried that one yet) work (Radio, CD, IPod)
- Ran the diagnostics and no DTCs appear
- Three of us that regularly use our CBs double checked Channel, Volume, Squelch settings at the destination

Any ideas?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I've heard of the connector to the CB module coming loose and needing to be reseated. It may also be a connection problem within the tour pak for the CB antenna connection. And CB modules occasionally fail.

To rule out a problem with the headsets/headset connectors wiring on the bike, I'd test your headsets on a buddy's bike while parked.

Carl

Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
fragmentum
Advanced
Default Successsful software upgrade

I successfully upgraded my HK radio software today from ST10v8.19.0 to ST10v8.25.0 and wonder if anyone knows what this upgrade does to the radio?

Last summer I was getting intermittent display going blank, and I realize this is a different issue and software upgrades don't provide any fix for that. I found the upgrade while looking for information on the display issue. 2009 Road Glide is still under warranty and the cure for the intermittent display lays with the motor co. replacing my radio or I send it to the good boys at Iron Cross Audio (and cut my losses overall...).

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 07-27-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fragmentum
I successfully upgraded my HK radio software today from ST10v8.19.0 to ST10v8.25.0 and wonder if anyone knows what this upgrade does to the radio?

Last summer I was getting intermittent display going blank, and I realize this is a different issue and software upgrades don't provide any fix for that. I found the upgrade while looking for information on the display issue. 2009 Road Glide is still under warranty and the cure for the intermittent display lays with the motor co. replacing my radio or I send it to the good boys at Iron Cross Audio (and cut my losses overall...).

Primary was a change to VOX sensitivity
Secondary was a change to the text displayed with no internal nav installed..

Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios