Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/526447-self-diagnostics-for-harman-kardon-radios.html)

Gator252 01-30-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by smokinsedonastreetglide (Post 9109893)
mt issue is that when i park the bike for the night,the radio seems to default back to the am channel.it wont do it if i just shut it off for a few mins or even an hour or so,seems to need to be overnight.any ideas,this started after i put chrome switches on the controls.

Smokin'...have the same problem with mine...were you able to resolve? Thanks...

the bad bagger 02-16-2012 09:36 PM

CD would not eject had to replace the radio. With Sony.

V2Evo96 02-23-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by V2Evo96 (Post 6868092)
Thanks Pingman-- Don't need it now but kept for the future when I do. Note "when" not "if"...

Well, it's now "when"! I was riding along when the radio cut out, came back on for a few minutes then cut out again permanently.
I have full diplay, can change am/fm/cd; channels tune, volume up/dwn OK, etc-- just no sound out of any speaker.

Have done wiggle tests, checked dash switch checked for loose wires, etc. etc. so now time to run the diagnostics, but will first pull maxi fuse and reset.

Will let ya know what I find.

rooshooter 03-13-2012 04:12 AM

yeeep just what mine is doing.....everything but the noise

MoChrome 03-17-2012 06:47 PM

Help! The HK unit on my 2011 SG seems to be locked up. When I turn the ignition on the radio display comes on and it appears to be on an FM station, but no sound. None of the handlebar controls work and I can't turn the radio off. Also will not eject the CD. Tried pulling the radio memory fuse, radio power fuse and also the maxi fuse. Same end result. Any ideas?

speakerfritz 04-29-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MoChrome (Post 9537163)
Help! The HK unit on my 2011 SG seems to be locked up. When I turn the ignition on the radio display comes on and it appears to be on an FM station, but no sound. None of the handlebar controls work and I can't turn the radio off. Also will not eject the CD. Tried pulling the radio memory fuse, radio power fuse and also the maxi fuse. Same end result. Any ideas?

have the same problem. did you ever solve?

Iron Cross Audio 04-30-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by MoChrome (Post 9537163)

Cant be 100% sure without going into the radio, but those are the classic symptoms of liquid damage taking out the TMS320 processor.

Stang951 04-30-2012 08:40 AM

I thought the HK radios were supposed to be watertight? Mine went out on me last week (luckily under warranty) and is in the shop now.

Iron Cross Audio 05-01-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Stang951 (Post 9736296)
I thought the HK radios were supposed to be watertight? Mine went out on me last week (luckily under warranty) and is in the shop now.

They are not watertight and do not claim to be.
They are extremely water resistant, but no unit (this or aftermarket) with a CD slot, aux port, USB port, iPod tray..etc cam possible be watertight.
Read the full warranty on most Marine grade aftermarket units. They will not warranty water intrusion.

speakerfritz 05-01-2012 10:12 AM

anyone know of a cover? saw a cover on ebay , but it was only for aftermarket radios.