Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/526447-self-diagnostics-for-harman-kardon-radios.html)

Sheazo 06-20-2010 02:18 PM

that is good info posted , but my radio the aux code disappeared from my radio and it did not sound like there is a code for that, any suggestions how to get it back
I used the mp3 all the time until this problem arose. I have and 08 street glide
Thanx

Sheazo 06-20-2010 07:12 PM

Thanx again I went home and went in and got the code , screwed around with some of the options and was able to get the aux back on to my radio
awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mp3 players are the best for riding , plug it in put on shuffle and ride

Johan96 06-21-2010 03:26 PM

Carl, this is fantastic! What does the code B2017 Front speakers open, mean? THX :-)

dave9175 06-21-2010 08:32 PM

The AUX on my harman kardon radio has vanished. Can anyone help me out on how to get this back. I can no longer listen to my ipod without it. Thanks

Harleypingman 06-21-2010 09:44 PM

If you have an out-of-warranty problem, or want expert advice on a warranty-covered HK radio, get in touch with Iron Cross Audio: http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/ They're former techs at Harman Kardon who set up their repair business when HK out-sourced the service work on automotive and HD HK radios.

As for specific answers to particular codes or issues, I'm not a tech. Many of the diagnostic procedures use special tools and/or electronic equipment. For example, the question about B2017 requires use of a "break-out box" to connect to the bike to diagnose whether the problem is the radio, the wiring, or a speaker.

Carl

Johan96 06-22-2010 02:07 PM

Hi! The dealer will install a new HK unit on thursday. I am a happy dude, looking forward to get some tunes back :-)

ohiohusky 06-23-2010 11:50 AM

Took to dealership, they said needs sent back to HK for repairs on speaker issue. Cost of about $400.00. I retrieved the bike and brought it home. Am letting this rabbit sit until a different offer comes around. It does work through headsets, so I'll just get by for now.

NYRobG 06-24-2010 05:33 AM

The dreaded B2017 code has come up several times in various threads here. It's happened to me twice since 2006. Basically both times it was a problem internal to the radio. The first time it was still under warranty and the dealership took it out, sent it back and three weeks later it was fixed.

The second time it happened (late last season) the bike was out of warranty. Dealership said they'd do the labor to remove/reinstall for free, but that since they had to send it out the repair to the radio would cost more than $700, and it would be out for longer than 3 weeks.

Iron Cross Audio completely repaired the radio, added an aux pigtail to the rear (for a small aditional charge...for my GPS input) and had it on my front door step in 4 days, for about $300. I did have to do the remove/reinstall, which required the purchase of a set of extra-long allen wrenches.

Johan96 06-24-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Johan96 (Post 6899305)
Hi! The dealer will install a new HK unit on thursday. I am a happy dude, looking forward to get some tunes back :-)

Got a brand new player today! I guess i have gotten addicted to tunes while riding :-)

Shotgun1053 06-25-2010 10:24 PM

06 Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Radio appears to be working, but the speakers keep shutting down. The dealer replaced the stereo as part of a recall. Soon after, I would get "dead air" and thought it was the station. It got progressively worse and now there is no sound. The tests indicated no fault to the handlebar switches, but on occasion, the speakers would work after moving the intercom/speaker switch. Suggestions for addtional troubleshooting are appreciated.

Thanks!