Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Any one have a little vib in rear brakes on a 2010? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/531124-any-one-have-a-little-vib-in-rear-brakes-on-a-2010-a.html)

K Melancon 03-17-2013 10:31 AM

You have me thinking that something has gotten on the disc in one area. When the brake pad reaches this area it has no friction then catches on the clean area which would feel like a pulsesation. You say a few hard stops then it goes away? Could it be that after a few hard stops that you have burned off what ever was on the disc? Is that at the begginning of your ride? If so I would try this get some brake cleaner spray on a rag and wipe the disc down on both side all the way around to remove any contaminates, then go for a ride and see if it occurs. Could be brake fluid , bearing grease, bike polish, wax, etc.

steel cat 41 03-19-2013 04:50 AM

Had the same problem on a 2011 Street glide used wet & dry paper on the rear rotor shudder has gone

hojones 03-19-2013 06:51 AM

The problem you are having is not the brakes. It is the new frame design. What you are feeling is the engine. Don't believe it? While it is shuddering flip the kill switch.

kmiller633 03-23-2013 07:25 PM

Done with HD!

Unfortunately this is a safety issue HD refuses to acknowledge. I worked with the dealership and HD representatives and they acknowledge the pule or shudder but refuse to acknowledge it is a safety issue.

I was fortunate that I was able to sell my motorcycle very quickly. This was the second HD I owned and the last. Each bike was bad news. The only good part was that I was smart enough to buy the extended warranties. The first bike racked up $6500 on warranty labor alone. The part that was not covered by warranty cost me approximately $2000 before I sold it. The next guy is having the same continuing issues that HD claim they have fixed but continues to occur.

I'm very sad to leave HD behind because I loved riding and loved the HD style. I just wish HD motorcycles were better quality!

Farewell and ride safe!!!

kmiller633 03-23-2013 07:28 PM

Just a quick note....the brake problem is with the rear portion of the ABS...turning off the engine eliminates the ABS system so if you think you have solved this you are, with respect, wrong....This issue will be fixed in response to many complaints or it will phase out as their ABS engineering evolves with new models.

Ride safe!

sporacer 03-24-2013 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=kmiller633;11070701]Unfortunately this is a safety issue HD refuses to acknowledge. I worked with the dealership and HD representatives and they acknowledge the pule or shudder but refuse to acknowledge it is a safety issue.

I was fortunate that I was able to sell my motorcycle very quickly. This was the second HD I owned and the last. Each bike was bad news. The only good part was that I was smart enough to buy the extended warranties. The first bike racked up $6500 on warranty labor alone. The part that was not covered by warranty cost me approximately $2000 before I sold it. The next guy is having the same continuing issues that HD claim they have fixed but continues to occur.

I'm very sad to leave HD behind because I loved riding and loved the HD style. I just wish HD motorcycles were better quality!

Farewell and ride safe!!![/QUOTE

The reason why they never fixed it is because its a design issue with the frame/engine mounting. Is this a safety issue no. My bike does it and it doesn't effect the performance of the bike at all.