Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't take the squeaking anymore

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:05 AM
antarius
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was squeeking/vibrating too, it was the windscreen - where it meets with the batwing it was squeeking. I tightened up the bolts a bit and it went away.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get cha some silicone and spray it on the rubber muffler hanger on the rear of the bike. If that cures it, it will only be temporary. I ended up taking the saddle bag support off and put it in a vise and crushed the steel that holds the rubber thing a little bit. If it in fact is the hanger, try my suggestion. Slightly crush it on the top and bottom AND on the sides. Not too much though! You want it to be tighter, but still allow the flat steel piece to still slide some as it needs to be able to move to absorb movement of the pipe. Might want to take that chrome cover off and see it that is the culprit...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's your floor board. The front floorboard mount (on both sides) has a 1'8" of clearance between it and the bracket mount. I used a nylon washer wedged between them and held it in place by the mounting bolt. Does that make sense??? Anyway - look at the front attachment and you'll see what I'm talking about. Do both sides - because the other one will do the same thing eventually.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
King Crimson
Tourer

Ok I just realized its not wheel bearings since I can hear it when I'm at a red light.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Desoto
Cruiser

Mine was squeaking like crazy too. And it came from the same spot as you described. I narrowed it down to the upper front motor mount. The one with heim joints. Took it off, cleaned it and lubed it and the squeaking went away. Just to see if thats your problem, just spray some lube on the joints and work them by hand a little, is the squeak stops, remove, clean, lube and replace.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JHeiser
A few weeks back I had the same thing - then it stopped. I was washing the bike and noticed why the squeaking stopped. The bolt that held the top rail of the saddle bag guard rails had come out. Check every nut and bolt on that side of the bike.
same thing happened to me at 1,000 miles pulled and blue locktite them all all of them were loose

Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

Check your side covers to see if one of the grommets popped out.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain

I have the same noise and I found that if I push down on my left muffler the noise goes away. I just wrapped the baffles and the chirping started. So in my case I think it may be the hanger or the bag but I still haven't stopped riding long enough to find out

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 507 Posts

had a hose clamp on the exhaust sheld touchin on the tranny cover drove me nuts till i found it.only touched when running it showed a little clearence when not running.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 PM
richro123
Cruiser

Saddlebag latch......metal to metal.

Quick Reply: I can't take the squeaking anymore