Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just sold fatboy, opinions 2010 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
fttboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
I too really like my X, the only thing I would tell you is to invest in an ECM over the dealer stage1 download.
Do tell, please!??!! The one I did not pull the trigger on Monday is gone. Sold it this AM. OK, not like it's the only one. Tell me about after market upgrades.
Thanks

Old 07-13-2010, 10:39 PM
fttboy
Intermediate

Of all the FLSTFI to FLHX converts, how many are back roads riders? How do you like the back roads riding Touring frame vs the STail frame?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Backroads are where the SG shines in my mind. Cornering is great, very stable and responsive. I went from a Sporty to my SG and I think the SG can get just a deep. As for aftermarket upgrades, I would suggest starting with Stage 1. Exhaust, Intake and ECM upgrade. I got mine from fuel moto, great customer service and competative pricing. Check out their site. Nows the time to buy as the dealers are trying to push out the 2010 and getting ready for the 11's.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:22 AM
wolfglide
Advanced
Thumbs up

get one you will have no regrets...those mods do the trick!!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Big Daddy FLHX
Advanced

Traded in a 2005 Heritage for my 2010 SG. The SG handles better than the Heritage IMO. Changed the stock exhaust for V&H True Duals. Thought the bagger looked better with Duals. Just ordered the Stage II 103 kit from Zanotti (20% discount, and I'm cheap). I'm using a SERT to tune. Can't wait till the build is done.

You can't go worng with a SG.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
fttboy
Intermediate

Thanks for all the input. The trigger has been pulled, proud owner of a FLHX. Pick it up Monday. Will attach pics asap.
Again, thanks

Old 07-15-2010, 12:23 PM
wolfglide
Advanced

congratts you will love her!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fttboy
Thanks for all the input. The trigger has been pulled, proud owner of a FLHX. Pick it up Monday. Will attach pics asap.
Again, thanks

Excellent..what color? Did you make any mods from the dealer or are you going to do that after? If you are adding a backrest, I recommend the 4 point docking hardware. I also like the SE heavy breather, but there are many options there, I added the Power Commander and AT ECM (many options for ECMs too...) Windshield, I like mine, but if you get a new one get one that has a recurve again options are plenty...Pipes...Ha...take your time looking and listening..that is part of the fun...

Old 07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
fttboy
Intermediate

It was "used" if you want to call it that. Has lots of chrome, 7 spoke wheels, rotors, lower forks, front frame etc. Had 436 miles when I looked at it. If my new profile pic comes through, you will see it's scarlet red. He removed the baffle & put a snorkel type breather on it.
The 1st thing I will do is exhaust & stage one. The w/s is too short. Looks great but I prefer more eye protection.
So far, I LOVE IT. Thanks for the advice/support. It is night & day so not the same bike I just sold!

Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
fttboy
Intermediate

Try my garage pics

Quick Reply: just sold fatboy, opinions 2010 FLHX