Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers Be AWARE Fat Baggers Inc (FBI)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 194 Posts

That's one thing keep me away from as seen chit. I would rather pay a little more for something I can see and feel before give my $$$.Most business when treat customers like that don't last these days.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
n19dg2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buszzbait
Just want to let you know my experience with FAT BAGGERS INC. (FBI) ...I will never buy from them again!

I purchased the detactable tour pack kit they sell which is not listed on there web site. I heard about them on here and because it was a cleaner look without the tour pack on,.I chose to call and asked about it. I specifically asked if it would fit.my model year. Larry said it would so I ordered it over the phone.
When it came in ..the packaging was crap. Cheap box that was smashed but product was not damaged. No instruction came with the kit. I emailed them and proceeded to install the docking.. as I tried to install the rack for the tour pack, it was obvious it would not line up with the holes they had drilled on the rack. Even if I drilled new holes (4 total) two would have over lapped the other two making bigger holes. I chose not to screw with it and send it back. Later I found out from the email that no direction are needed and I would have to modify it. I wasn't told that when I asked if it would fit! They said it will fit.

After sending it back it took me calling them twice in a 3 weekperiod before getting a response as to what's going on with my refund. Another 2 in a half weeks before receiving a partial refund. Another 2 weeks with no response so I called and spoke with Larry which he said they charged a 20 % restocking fee. I argued and he said it would fit if I drilled. I personally don't chance modifying something that could jeopardize the safety of a love one that would be leaning on it and it came off....I lost out on $37,00 in shipping both ways and another $50.00 on restocking fee. That bites and so does FBI!.
I had the very same experience as you just last month. I ordered a bunch of parts that they ensured me would work with my bike. I then called my local HD to see if they could do the installation and they said they would not do it and it would most likely void my factor warranty. I called back FB and nothing had shipped and reduced my order (I still spent over $500) after telling them the same story my Dealership had said. I was told by the same guy Larry that I was going to be charged a 20% restocking fee. I argued too that the order never left their building but they said that was their policy and there was nothing they could do. I too will never order from them again.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I have my own POLICY for guys like Larry.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
HarleyNoob77
Cruiser

Just sent a link to FBI for the thread, maybe they will reconsider their position on customer service. Lost my money after reading this, will not order from people like this.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. That is the problem with all after market sh^t. You really don't need it, and the seller knows it. That is why they they don't want their crap back.

Just not a very good policy, to screw a customer.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:44 PM
gmjhd
Cruiser

Not to hijack your post,but I know someone that used Doc Slick`s in Sugar Hill,Ga. to install Wood`s cams in his bike and adjustable pushrods ,but they put the pushrods in backwards causing all kinds of problems. Don`t trust them.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:08 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Originally Posted by gmjhd
Not to hijack your post,but I know someone that used Doc Slick`s in Sugar Hill,Ga. to install Wood`s cams in his bike and adjustable pushrods ,but they put the pushrods in backwards causing all kinds of problems. Don`t trust them.

How can this be done I guess. Were the adjusters on the top and then hitting the head?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the custom bike business and auto business. The cycle business is a pain in the AZZ, parts that don't fit or break shortly after install. Right now I have two ecm's for a Big Dog cost over $400.00 and you make a whopping $60.00. The frecken part lasted three days. I had to tow the bike.....$165.00 can't charge the customer even though we have a disclaimer, but hell he just bought it. Now ya can't get an answer out of the company, they won't pay for a tow and it's been hell to get another part. It's with a lot of manufactures. Poor customer service and follow up, it's a shame how bad the industry is. Problem is it's my name on the line when dealing with these companies. As an Indy without the bar and shield a good reputation is all you have!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Thanks for the information and sorry for your misfortune with Fat Baggers. What they did is unacceptable and I'm pretty sure of one thing. The bad rap they're getting here (and maybe on other HD Forums?) is gonna cost them much more than the $50 restocking fees they charged you.
I'll never buy from them and will tell my buddies to stay away from these people too.
+1 on that frenchbiker. I even told Larry I was.going to post on here my experience..we all work hard for our money.. even harder these days it seems, and for a company like this that takes advantage of such...can kiss my a$$!
I appreciate everyone's support so far...

Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 PM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I don't really need the drop seat kit after all. what a bunch of crap.

Quick Reply: Buyers Be AWARE Fat Baggers Inc (FBI)