Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer week at Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:01 PM
pnehms123
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catcher4
i agree with you...you probably shouldn't get into the crowds. Not sure about the freedom thing though....freedom is not knowing where you are going to sleep tonight or pushing hard to outrun a storm before you rest. Kinda sounds like your freedom is as far as you can ride away from your "toy" hauler. My ride isn't a toy...its my life. For the record....i average about 12,000 miles a year with no plan and no toys. Thats my idea of freedom!
Laughing my *** off...

Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
julesdain
Road Captain

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Whatever. I earned my 'badge of honor' so to speak, serving in the USMC so I don't give a R.A. what anyone thinks about how I ride. Conversly, I could give a **** less how others ride, whether they trailer, or don't trailer, chaps or no chaps, shorts or pants, long hair or short hair, boots or flip flops, I really don't care, as long as it makes you happy, then it's all good.

A person can look at bike week as bothersome. I choose to look at it as an opportunity to meet fellow riders that I wouldn't normally have the opportunity to meet. But to each their own.
Well said. Life is too short and many have paid the price so that others can live it to the fullest. Ride or trailer who gives a s*#t. Come and have fun. Oh and Merry Christmas everyone.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 PM
bubba455
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm riding again from Michigan but I must admit it is becoming a very boring ride across the Midwest to get to Sturgis. Beginning to think about shipping the bike and taking the extra time to go west from Sturgis.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've ridden mine 1300 miles one way to get there the past 2 years. Last year I did the entire trip in a week. The power down on the slab coming home is starting to get old, I'll admit. Wish I had more time to explore that awesome state. 2 days of riding there is just not enough.

Is a trailer in my future . . . maybe.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Threads like this are amusing. Why the dick swinging contest? Who really cares who attends any rally or how they got there? For a group of people who talk about freedom and individuality, there seems to be a lot of concern about what the other guy is doing.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:27 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

This year I'm going to go in my RV and leave the bike at home.

Joking!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Proud trailer owner. After the Ultra one of my best investments.

Saw a great sticker a few weeks ago.

"I'm riding my motorcycle to trailer week"

Now that's funny...even to a lowly trailer owner.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 PM
d2jlking
Tourer

Im gonna ride over for 2011, first time to the Rally for me, looking forward to checking it out, and riding the hills over there.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:30 PM
dmaldojr
Advanced

I'm going to trailer with my uncle but that's not to say I can't ride there I just want to be able to get a bunch of **** while there and I cant take off 3wks at a time either

Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmaldojr
I'm going to trailer with my uncle but that's not to say I can't ride there I just want to be able to get a bunch of **** while there and I cant take off 3wks at a time either
Damn, what route are you planning on taking? I am further south than you are and it only take me 3 days to get there.

Quick Reply: Trailer week at Sturgis