Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   fuel moto power commander install? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/547338-fuel-moto-power-commander-install.html)

fulldraw00 08-05-2010 04:47 PM

fuel moto power commander install?

i just had a friend take there RKC to a indy and had a power comander installed and dyno..cost them @ 650.00 with a K&W air filter and new plugs..my question is this, can a power commander purchased from fuel motto for @ 260.00 be easly installed and the setting set to run cooler,smoother,less decel popping, by the average person with average mechanical skills..or is this somthing better left to the pros?
thanks in advance

AZCFH 08-05-2010 04:52 PM

it's so easy a caveman could do it! no really though it's a very easy the instructions are clear and should only take 10min or less have them pre load a program in it for you call them they have great customer service..lot's of folks here have been happy with them

Thatzmister2u 08-05-2010 04:53 PM

+1 What he ^ Said! Fuel Moto is awesome!

E-

Conehead 08-05-2010 05:23 PM

+ 2 What they said, simple install!! Jamie and the guys at Fuelmoto will take care of you.

Mike 08-05-2010 06:22 PM

In a word, yes. And the customer service at Fuel Moto is second to none. I had a problem with my autotune that I could not figure out on my own, and I'm a fairly competant shadetree mechanic. Jamie figured out what the problem was, and helped me get it completely sorted out.

If you're just going to install a Power Commander, there is only one place I'd buy it from. The lifetime map support is worth what you're going to pay for the power commander.

Roadan 08-05-2010 07:04 PM

Most cavemen are smarter than me and I just installed the FM PCV and the FM air cleaner. I also installed new wires and plugs. Total time of about an hour. Went out for a test ride and had a minor problem with the map Jamie pre-loaded for me. Called them the next business day and spoke to Jamie and 15 min. later I had a new map loaded and was out riding with no problems at all. Wish I'd done it sooner. Fuel Moto is an excellent company.

Willy G. 08-05-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by fulldraw00 (Post 7104001)
i just had a friend take there RKC to a indy and had a power comander installed and dyno..cost them @ 650.00 with a K&W air filter and new plugs..my question is this, can a power commander purchased from fuel motto for @ 260.00 be easly installed and the setting set to run cooler,smoother,less decel popping, by the average person with average mechanical skills..or is this somthing better left to the pros?
thanks in advance

The PCV is plug and play and pre programmed from FM, Just tell them what you have. Their performance package is the way to go and is as easy to install as an oil change.
Have at it man!

JakeInMa 08-05-2010 07:52 PM

Plug and Play Baby! It's so simple its not even funny.

Jerm21 08-05-2010 07:57 PM

Seriously - if you have unplugged a lamp in your house you can do this job... it's pretty much the same thing.

1. take off the side cover
2. unplug the ECU
3. Plug the power commander into what you just unplugged.
4. wire-tie and or use the double sided tape to stash the PC under the cover.

You are done... and you WILL be happy.

FXSTS-88 08-05-2010 08:15 PM

+3...or whatever!
It's an unplug...replug operation!
And it works!!!!!
Those folks know what they are doing!!