Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow...Sturgis 2010 was a blast!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wow...Sturgis 2010 was a blast!!

Though I have been going to Sturgis for years, this years rally was just nutz!!

The volume of people in the Black Hills was definitely one for the record books. One of the best examples was the Wednesday ride out to Hulette, Devil's Tower and Stone House Saloon...

...We left early, to get out to Hulette early, bypassing Hulette and roding out to Devil's Tower, rode up the hill, took some pics, then headed back to Hulette. Hung out for a while, checking out the festivities, then decided around Noon to head towards Stone House Saloon.

We had a good parking spot in town at our usual 'secret spot' (LOL) so we it wasn't a long walk out to the bikes. As we got back on the rode to head towards Stone House Saloon, we were just amazed at the line of bikes, two-by-two for 2, possibly 3 miles coming into town. OOOOF!

All in all, it was an excellent year and I put my usual 2100 miles on the bike (I'm only 6-1/2 hours away ).

Took a lot of pictures with my Canon T2i (bought in March). Here's the link to my Sturgis 2010 pics:

http://web.me.com/koalacowboy/Site/Sturgis_2010.html

Found one new road (well, new to me, Rick & Karen) that I had never ridden before. "Sheridan Lake Road" from US-385 into Rapid City. Talk about a fun road...Man, it was fun! Twisties, banked turns and just all around fun.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Glad to hear it & you made the trip there/back safe. Thanks for sharing the pics - couldn't make the trek this year due to work commitments, but next year's planning has begun.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We haven't been for a while. But when we did go we stayed with people who live out there. You're right, Sheridan Lake road is a good one. The people we stayed with pointed out quite a few for us that most people don't know about. Glad you had a good time.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 PM
dmize
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great pics, thanks for sharing them with us.

I hope to make the trip next year.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I didn't quite make it. I was planning on it, and was actually on my way to meet up with some friends there, got as far as Buffalo Wy, and had to turn back to take care of something at work.

Hopefully next year.....

Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome pics!
Looks like you had a great time.

As a side note, the house that your bike was parked in front of...I assume is yours?
Your shrubs need trimming.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 AM
catracho
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for sharing with us your pics.

That was a great Rally.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 AM
BladeRun
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful pictures! My buddy and I are going next year, hopefully with others but who knows/cares.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:11 AM
DanDil
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't get it. I stopped in at Stugis for about an hour then left...just a stupid amount of people. All those great roads that are just jammed up with traffic. Why go on a bike trip to a place that you can't ride your bike because of too much traffic. I was out in Rapid City/Black Hills/Stugis before and road around for a week...great to experiance the black hills with normal traffic. I met a bunch of people on the raod who where riding away from Stugis the two days before the official start...wanted to get out of town before everyone showed up. I didn't go on a trip to Stugis, I was on a trip and stpped there because I was close...it was cool to see all the bikes downtown...for about an hour.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DanDil
I don't get it...
Obviously!

Quick Reply: Wow...Sturgis 2010 was a blast!!