Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I called HDCS recently because I had an accessory light fail after 10 months. Warrantee is 3 months. They were totally cool and honored the warrantee 7 months later. You need to go through the proper chanels and never get belligerent. They have disgression in these cases and will help you out if you and your issue are reasonable. Getting bitchy and complaining on a public forum before seeing how things turn out won't buy your way into that club now or in the future. Hope you don't have any more issues where you have to count on the generosity of the dealer's interpretation of the validity of your complaint. Good luck with this one.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
You purchased the bike. I assume this bike had a seat installed on it when you agreed to purchase the bike. You did not mention this "issue" before you paid for it. Now, after the fact - you want a different seat for free.

What am I missing here?
Do you Really need it explained to you? I'm sure if you think about it, you'll find what you're "missing".

the guy bought a brand spank'n new bike. One that goes for over 20k. the dealer didn't give him a factory mandated "improvement" that was apparently so important that they issued a service bulletin and made a running change.

This is pretty much a no brainer.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:52 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
You purchased the bike. I assume this bike had a seat installed on it when you agreed to purchase the bike. You did not mention this "issue" before you paid for it. Now, after the fact - you want a different seat for free.

What am I missing here?
You're missing the fact that the seat on his new bike is not the original seat but a different one.
Obviously someone took it off and replaced it by the old model, and guess what, who else than the dealer could have done it?

Now are you telling us that you fully inspected your new bike in and out before you wrote the check? Yeah right!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

You can know for sure if the seat was swapped or came frome the factory wrong by looking at the passenger backrest. If it was swapped the stitching will not match.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hojones
You can know for sure if the seat was swapped or came frome the factory wrong by looking at the passenger backrest. If it was swapped the stitching will not match.
Not only this but the new 2010 seat has "LOW" molded in the pan.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:22 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of threads I have been reading are starting to remind me of the AMF days. The MOCO better start getting their head out of their ars. The survey they send out is meaningless because you don't get any acknowledgement back. Complaints are ignored, even valid ones like the stock compensator and squealing rear brakes. I complained 2 years ago in a survey about this and other issues. It has taken me 2 years to sort through the problems that the MOCO should have fixed. Welcome back to the 70's and AMF.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have a legit gripe...only thing I can think of is that the dealer may be thinking that a buddy gave you the seat you have and you are swapping it out for him so he gets the newer seat.

Barring that they should be taking care of you for sure. Money is not made at dealerships on sales...it is in parts and service. For the cost of that seat they should be making you happy as you are a potential revenue stream they are casting aside

Dawg

Last edited by Port Dawg; 08-24-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
wrongway2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect the dealer will look after you but before you go cutting down the seat you have, keep in mind that I'm pretty sure the actual seat pan is lower on the new lower seat so by cutting down your exist seat you're probably end up with the foam collapsing to the point that you're basically sitting on the seat pan.

Don't ask me how I know this, but it's really not a very pleasant ride when this happens.

later
Greg

Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by C908
After discovering last friday my Ultra Classic built in May 2010 had the old style seat instead of the new low profile seat I approached my dealer with the seat and service bullentin.The response was like they new they had been caught in selling me a new 2010 bike with the wrong seat. I have no proof of that just the feeling I got.They had a twin to mine on the floor built 3 months before mine but it had the low profile seat like mine should have.They were unwilling to swap seats and take care of me on the spot.I asked them to order me one and they reluctantly did but wouldn't say how they planned on taking care of me.I decided to call Harley's Customer Care # 414-343-4056.I explained what happened and ask them if the dealer doesn't take care of me will you assist me.The answer was NO you need to take that up with your dealer.I said if the dealer turns out to be the problem why would I want to continue dealing with them.I also reminded her I have a copy of the service bullentin explaining bikes built after 01/18/2010 get the new seat and mine is 05/2010 and I didn't get the seat I was suppose to get.She ask me where I got the service bullentin and I told her off the internet.Once again she said take it up with your dealer so I advised her I would share this information on the forum to let others see the type of customer service I received.The seat I ordered is suppose to be in this thursday so I will see if they do the right thing and take care of me.If not I will take my original seat to the upholstery shop and get it cut down.I have the Harley survey laying on my desk waiting to see how they take care of me before I complete it.I will update later with the results.
Geez...Give the dealer a chance before you come on here bashing the MOCO and the dealer. He 'reluctantly' ordered the seat? They ordered it right? If you were payng for it I am pretty sure you would have paid BEFORE they ordered it, that is how most dealers do special orders. I am waiting to hear how this turns out.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Crazy E BFMC 71
Advanced

Do not let them push you around be firm and respectful. Make them take ownership by saying well if this is your bike what would you do. I had harley give me a a 2010 to replace a pos 2009 and they paid me to do it to.

Quick Reply: My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!