Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V and Autotune question please advise!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Garcou
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC-V and Autotune question please advise!!

Ok Iam using the map from fuel moto (woods tw-6, D&D Fatcat,heavy Breather on a 96) my Auto tune trims are showing +20 through the midrange, I have accepted trims once and checked again today and cylinder 1 is showing +20 again through the midrange! Cylinder 2 is making small adj through the midrange, am I correct in thinking I have an exhaust leak on cylinder #1? I mean +40 Iam sure is way off if I was to accept. Please advise ASAP!! Thanks!

Old 10-03-2010, 04:33 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Could be an exhaust leak. Make sure to check around the exhaust ports and snug up the O2 sensors.

It also could be that your motor needs 40% more fuel in that range.

I would check for exhaust leaks first. If I found none I would accept the trims and save the map under a different file name...then send it to the PCV....ride it through a complete warm-up cycle ( hour or so) and see what the autotune does.

Also make sure you have the right module connected to the correct O2 sensor.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Appreciate the feed back! You really think though the autotune would adj +40 off a dyno tuned map? Especially when cylinder #2 is making much smaller adjustments?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I am not sure it should be off +40 on a dyno tuned map. Are there a lot of cells that are showing +20s?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Well...like I said I would check for exhaust leaks first. Also make sure the modules are hooked up to the correct O2 sensors.

If that all checks out...make a second copy of the map like I said...then I would accept and take it through a full heat cycle.

It is possible with your cam, different gas, etc. that your map is that far off. I saw at least 20's in some areas of my map...but not twice. But running it rich for one heat cycle will do no damage. Try it and see if it feels better....evaluate the trims when you return. If you get more 20's then I would suspect something else is going on.

Also, when you accepted the first set of trims the PCV should have made corresponding adjustments to the fuel tables and then zeroed out the trim tables. Did you check the fuel tables to make sure those changes were reflected in the fuel tables and that they were saved and sent to the PCV? Some software/firmware updates have caused issues with accepting trims....but I can't recall the details of this.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Originally Posted by luc.who
I am not sure it should be off +40 on a dyno tuned map. Are there a lot of cells that are showing +20s?
The entire midrange to top end like 20 cells adjusting out +20! And only on cylinder 1

Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,121 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I would also recommend checking the screw terminal connections at the Auto Tune module and also make triple sure you have leads routed to cyl 1 & 2 properly. The best way to verify this is by viewing the live afr the software and unplugging one of the sensors.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-03-2010, 05:46 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

If it's adding fuel i'd also check the intake seals.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Ok I followed the wires from the module to the front cylinder, I had the wires routed under the bike and then up between the compensator and oil filter, at that junction there is a black plug that connects to the o2sensor, on that black plug there is another cap sticking out of the whole assembly, the lid to that cap was off and underneath it was 2 wires soldered to a small circuit board, one of the wires broke contact from the circuit board..... DAMN any idea? what is that plug and how easy would it be to replace?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you have the PCV on for a while before you added auto tune? If so the item your discribing sounds like O2 termination plug.

Quick Reply: PC-V and Autotune question please advise!!