Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im A Tester for Dunlops New American Elite Tires for 09 Touring....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

With all the calls/letters I wrote to HD and Dunlop about the rears I would think they would want me to test there tire. On my 3rd set of rears and they still cup...Going to call Dunlop in the AM.

Good Luck testing the new design.....

Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the point of having testers at this stage in the game, so they can make running changes similar to the 407 to 408 fronts?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
What is the point of having testers at this stage in the game, so they can make running changes similar to the 407 to 408 fronts?
Skeptic that I am I suspect Dunlop wants to take any positive thing said as a sales/marketing plus and any negatives will get buried deeper than Abraham Lincoln.

VR

Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Me receiving these tires came at a price and Im surprised at some of the reactions considering all companies have people testing their tires and providing feedback.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
So once they release a tire that's it? They shouldn't find ways to ensure the public is happy with their product?
If you have gone to any Major Rallies you will see Dunlop set up inspecting tires on customers bikes. I don't work for them and this is my 1st experience using their motorcycle tires but they seem like a stand up company who is interested in improving their product.

Thought you guys would be happy to hear they are shipping.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am wondering why they would pick a dude that only rides 1000 miles per year to test a new tire. Oh well I guess we will have to wait til 2032 to see how it turns out.

Originally Posted by jasnusc
I found out today I'm going to be a tester for Dunlop and their American Elite Tires that just started shipping out in sizes that fit the 09 Touring Models.

My bike is at the dealer now and a set is being sent FedEx compliments of Dunlop and I will be reporting back to them regularly my experience with the tires.

Looking forward to trying something new on my bike as I was not impressed with the 407 and 408's.

I will post updates as I have them.

Very long story as to how I was selected which I probably wont share but I am Very Pleased with Dunlop and their Customer Service. So far they have been an excellent company to work with.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I am wondering why they would pick a dude that only rides 1000 miles per year to test a new tire. Oh well I guess we will have to wait til 2032 to see how it turns out.
1000 miles per year? My bike has 10,000 miles.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
That's strange. I thought the tires on my '09 Ultra Classic was the best OEM Dunlop tires I've had in 44 years.
yep, got 18k plus on my D408 front with no cupping, still 3/32nd's left. swapped out the rear D407 at 15.2k even though it still had 4/32nd's left. real happy, excellent mileage!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc
So once they release a tire that's it? They shouldn't find ways to ensure the public is happy with their product?
If you have gone to any Major Rallies you will see Dunlop set up inspecting tires on customers bikes. I don't work for them and this is my 1st experience using their motorcycle tires but they seem like a stand up company who is interested in improving their product.

Thought you guys would be happy to hear they are shipping.

Shipping? Have seen no evidence of that in my case. Again, I'm just busting your chops because I've been riding on Dunlops for over 40 years and haven't gotten squat from them in return.....at least regarding freebies or discounts......but still happy to know someone is getting something from them......even though it's your "1st experience"....yikes....so unfair.... I'd sure like to know how you were picked to be a tester. I'm 62 freaking years old and I've put over 80,000 miles on Dunlops in my time.....something just isn't right here, as usual.

Last edited by HOGNOT; 10-05-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

don't make sense, op posts this is his 1st set of dunlops?? but it came with a price but he can't say what??? OMG something funny going on, wonder if they have pink sidewalls??

Quick Reply: Im A Tester for Dunlops New American Elite Tires for 09 Touring....