Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPA annoucement and E15 gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up EPA annoucement and E15 gas

This was just posted and is good news for us (so far). They shouldn't have approved E10 for every vehicle in the first place.

WASHINGTON Oct 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said on Wednesday it would not approve E15 gasoline this year for vehicles older than the 2001 model year or for any motorcycles, heavy-duty vehicles and non-road engines, because there is no testing data to support such a move.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.brighterenergy.org/17604/...de-after-2007/

im sure the corn people are happy....

Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now we get to spend more money for increasingly watered down fuel ... it doesn't matter much if the fuel is approved for your vehicle if that is all the gas station has.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by capt_caveman
So now we get to spend more money for increasingly watered down fuel ... it doesn't matter much if the fuel is approved for your vehicle if that is all the gas station has.
I agree 100%. Stop supporting this crap and see how long it is around.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Sign me up for E100 if it somehow makes the American Farmer rich and turns Arab "Kings" back into dirt farmers.
For I care more about our freedom and less about the performance of my stupid motorcycle.

No alternative energy system proposed today is perfect but it's a step...

Just sayin. Flame away.

lp

Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Sign me up for E100 if it somehow makes the American Farmer rich and turns Arab "Kings" back into dirt farmers.
For I care more about our freedom and less about the performance of my stupid motorcycle.

No alternative energy system proposed today is perfect but it's a step...

Just sayin. Flame away.

lp

+1...
No flame here, there's a way to convert the E100 for the scoots or tweak some tuner maps or something. We are killing ourselves as a country to the foreigners, but we can't seem to wake up!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:00 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

There is no silver bullet for what will replace fossil fuels in the future. Farmers will grow what ever gives them the best return on their investment. Whether it's from commodity prices, subsidies or tax breaks. With a significant number of the worlds population going to sleep hungry every night using fertile farm land for other than food products makes little long term sense. We were once a nation known for manufacturing and being the bread basket of the world. We've all seen our manufacturing base erode. I sure hope we don't lose our ability to feed our selves and others. Then we'll really be in trouble.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have posted a number of times recently about Stay Tron.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
I have posted a number of times recently about Stay Tron.
Do You have a link for Stay Tron?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 AM
TreyParrish
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Gents, I'm In Iraq. The U.S. doesn't get oil from the middle east. We get it from South America, and Canada, and of course our own supply. Europe gets oil from the Middle East.

I also grew up on a dairy farm. What might make the corn farmer rich, drives the dairy farmer, and the Beef rancher to the poorhouse. Corn has become so expensive that many dairy farmers have begun selling their cattle off as beef cows! This is an inferior form of beef and I'm sure while everyone ( Save the Beef Ranchers) is enjoying the cheap beef prices due to a flooding of the market, Dairy Farmers can't sell off their livestock forever, meanwhile the price of your milk, butter, anything dairy will have to rise dramatically to reflect this.

Corn is edible. It has many uses as far as food goes not just for us but for the animals we eat.

Petroleum on the other hand taste very bad, but does a hell of a job running motors.

You are not protectiing freedom by purchasing ethanol.

You are driving up prices around the world for staple foods, and Considering the U.S. is the "Bread Basket of the World" means in third world countries these increases can be devastating....... which actually......... Produces more terrorists.

Just some food for thought. I do not mean any disrespect to anyone I would just like to offer an alternative view.

I say burn as much oil as you can and force the hand of technologies such as hydrogen.

Quick Reply: EPA annoucement and E15 gas