Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sundowner Seat Is Outstanding

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
Not really sure what I have on my limited,as far as the seat, but I got the back rest to boot and with the saddle and the back rest makes for 400 easy!!! Had many a golwing and other imports, this is my 1st HD, and I can truly say WOW!! great bucket! It is like no other. WHY!!! DID I NOT GO HD BEFORE!!!!!
Limited's equiped with the regular ElectraGlide Seat.Those are fine seats,put plenty of miles on it..I'd have stayed with it but I'm narrow across the hips and like the Sundowner better.I'll bet the back rests feel nice but the way my a$$ fits down into the seat both the stock EGlide seat and the Sundowner give some pretty good lower back support to me as is.Limited's a nice choice,congrats & welcome to HD's.

Originally Posted by UK FXSTB
Had sundowners on my old sporty and NightTrain and was very happy with them all though it look crap on the NightTrain , im considering getting one for my Limited just go to convince the wife we need it LOL.
I had a Nightrain,did lots of long rides with my ElectraGlide friends back then.Honestly I think the crappy softail suspension bothered me more than the Badlander seat but for my passengers bar hopping at best.

Tell your wife that my wife says she'll love it ! lol

Old 10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
cjairplane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on my RK and immediately did a 600 mile trip...what a difference! A lot more support on my tailbone/very low back area, even comfortable without a rider's backrest. Good choice, Sir.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cjairplane
I put one on my RK and immediately did a 600 mile trip...what a difference! A lot more support on my tailbone/very low back area, even comfortable without a rider's backrest. Good choice, Sir.
Thanks

I noticed the label on the box this morning says the seats are assembled in the USA with materials from USA and Mexico.Good deal,I like seeing them keep the bikes and parts as American as possible no matter what I'm purchasing.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Pappy13
Advanced

Originally Posted by cjairplane
Were you having trouble with your tailbone?? Mine kills me, still have the stock seat which I have taken apart and tried to fit to my butt. Don't really want to spend the $$ on the Zep seat. Sat on the Sundowner at a dealership and it did seem to relieve the pressure point I feel on the stock seat.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Sundowner as well! I have done several 500 mile day runs with no complaints...

I have also added the Mustang Driver's backrest - works great with the Sundowner and looks good to boot!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the sun ray heated seat.With all the positive coments on the sundowner it's to bad there isn't a heated option with the comfort level of the sundowner!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Roger79111
Advanced

I sure love my Sundowner seat. So does the wife. In fact, she was the biggest reason for the purchase.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sundowner on RKC, and HD Turing (very similar) on Wide...awesome saddles, 600+ easy.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member

It's not just comfort,it's also a really nice looking seat on an FL....
Flows really well with the lines of the bike,if I had purchased a StreetGlide and wanted to ride 2 up swapping that nice sleek looking SG seat for a Sundowner wouldn't have bothered me at all.

Gonna have to get an updated signature pic

Last edited by Slash; 10-25-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no problem with stock (flhx) seat, one of the few I guess who didn't but my girlfriend DID so i bought a Sundowner and have to admit other than pushing me forward about 1" it is a really comfortable seat

Quick Reply: New Sundowner Seat Is Outstanding