Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII Just showed up!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:21 PM
2006ultra
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCIII Just showed up!!!!!!!!!!!

The mailman just dropped off my PCIII talk to you guys in a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
vabiker07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIII Just showed up!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know how easy an installation it was and if upgrade is worth the $$...I just ordered mine along with a K&N air filter.....doing mine this weekend

Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 PM
2006ultra
Road Captain

well the installation is easy. If anyone got the plugs to stick under the battery box with velcro I'd like to know how you did it. I rode it to the gas station and back. Blaaaaaah, the throttle isn't any better at all. It doesn't kackle anymore on the down shifts is about the only difference I can feel at this point. I'm going to go ride it again and see if it's in my head and give it a fair test. Oh and my mike starts harder now too? I'm sure it can be worked out so don't listen to me. Maybe I did something wrong. I check back later.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:41 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

No popping on decel? Amazing. I want one.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:43 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably don;t want the connector under the battery box anyway. You can carefully arrange the cables so that the connector is verticle just inside the forward edge of the coverplate. This reduces the likelihood of moisture getting into the connector vs having it exposed beneath the battery tray...

Once properly tuned, you will notice a difference!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:49 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2006ultra

well the installation is easy. If anyone got the plugs to stick under the battery box with velcro I'd like to know how you did it. I rode it to the gas station and back. Blaaaaaah, the throttle isn't any better at all. It doesn't kackle anymore on the down shifts is about the only difference I can feel at this point. I'm going to go ride it again and see if it's in my head and give it a fair test. Oh and my mike starts harder now too? I'm sure it can be worked out so don't listen to me. Maybe I did something wrong. I check back later.
I am not sure what room you have but I have mine installed nder my left cover side panel.

I do nto knwo if you got one with a tune already installed, but It would be wise of you to find similar pipes on Dynojets website and try a few of ther programs. You would be surprised what might work.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Not to flame anyone, but I'm glad I got the SERT instead! No box to hide or mount on the bike. I just can't see any sensitive electronic parts exposed to heat and vibration. However, many folks are happy with their PCIII. But, there were some sad stories as well.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM
2006ultra
Road Captain

I just rode 40 miles to a buddies house and back, so 80 miles. Still no popping, it might run a tad cooler?? kinda cool today. I mailed it in 1st from a roll and it might run better through the R's I don't know? It does seems to pull harder from 5000 to 6000 rpms. I don't really care about that. I want quick response from the throttle at low r's and better TQ down low. I don't really think I have much better there? Maybe my bike ran better than most the way it was? or maybe I need to just tinker with the maps a little. Jamie at fuel/moto was great to deal with so I'll give him a ring and see what he say's.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Break down....get it dynoed for a PRECISE tune!

Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2006ultra

I want quick response from the throttle at low r's and better TQ down low. I don't really think I have much better there?
With duals you will get it better in the high range, but lose it down low. If you had just the muffs with the stock pipes, or a 2-1 setup you would probably get what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: PCIII Just showed up!!!!!!!!!!!