Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Road Glide Exhaust

Has anyone replaced their stock slip-on with the Screamin Eagle (2:1) version?
My question is, "How loud is the Screamin Eagle replacement?"
And why does SuperTrapp offer a replacement baffle that is perforated and wrapped with fiberglass packing (vs the smooth baffle)? Is it because the Screamin Eagle unit is simply too quiet?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

search "nightstick", might find what you're looking for.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Night Stick is the name of the Screamin Eagle 2:1 slip-on.

The question regarding the sound of the Night Stick is the question. I simply have not heard one, so I am unable to determine the reason SuperTrapp (the manufacturer) would produce a different baffle, unless the Night Stick is very quiet.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

from what i understand, the perforated wrapped baffle is supposed to be the 'quiet' baffle.....

the nightstick, when used with the stock 2-1 on the 2010 is epa compliant. but a large part of that is because of the cat.

here's a soundbite of my nightstick, with stock configuration (closed end cap, and # of discs) on my 2010, without a cat. it is not too loud at idle or cruise, but does give a decent bark when you hammer it

http://home.earthlink.net/~skratches/nightstick.mpeg

Old 01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Ok, I’ll play along. What do you mean How Loud? Decibals, Pitch, Frequency, Tone, Amplitude, or maybe the ever elusive individual perception of, you know, “what it sounds like” man. I haven't personally heard it so I am not going to try and tell you how I think it "sounds". I do however navigate a lot of different sites doing my own research on various topics, and I have found the more specific my search criteria, the better chance of finding the answers I’m looking for. “Nightstick” is much more specific than “Screaming Eagle Slip Ons”, but don’t take my word for it, search ‘em both and see which one produces more focused results. I’m pretty familiar with this site and I’m sure the answer you seek is here, that’s why I suggested a search. You could also call Supertrapp since they manufacture the muffler and the optional baffle you’re asking about; I would think they are absolutely qualified to comment on the product. I was just trying to help, I saw that no one else replied, figured something would be better than nothing. I typically avoid the “what it sounds like” discussions because it is simply a futile endeavor. Good luck finding someone to adequately describe how this or any other exhaust system “sounds”. I don’t think you’ll find what you really seek on this or any other forum; go find a bike with this system and “listen” to it, then, and only then will you know what it “sounds” like. Another option is, you can go pound sand.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Supertrapp makes a louder replacement baffle

Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though the SE Nightstick is made by Supertrapp, it is still a Harley part which means it has to comply with EPA regulations so it probably won't be much louder but it should have a better sound than stock. It is my understanding that Supertrapp sells the same muffler under their own name which is not EPA compliant because of their baffle and that's what you are referring to.

Last edited by NoCoLoco; 01-12-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Ok, I’ll play along. What do you mean How Loud? Decibals, Pitch, Frequency, Tone, Amplitude, or maybe the ever elusive individual perception of, you know, “what it sounds like” man. I haven't personally heard it so I am not going to try and tell you how I think it "sounds". I do however navigate a lot of different sites doing my own research on various topics, and I have found the more specific my search criteria, the better chance of finding the answers I’m looking for. “Nightstick” is much more specific than “Screaming Eagle Slip Ons”, but don’t take my word for it, search ‘em both and see which one produces more focused results. I’m pretty familiar with this site and I’m sure the answer you seek is here, that’s why I suggested a search. You could also call Supertrapp since they manufacture the muffler and the optional baffle you’re asking about; I would think they are absolutely qualified to comment on the product. I was just trying to help, I saw that no one else replied, figured something would be better than nothing. I typically avoid the “what it sounds like” discussions because it is simply a futile endeavor. Good luck finding someone to adequately describe how this or any other exhaust system “sounds”. I don’t think you’ll find what you really seek on this or any other forum; go find a bike with this system and “listen” to it, then, and only then will you know what it “sounds” like. Another option is, you can go pound sand.
Dang! Feel better?

lp

Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
Default play along

Originally Posted by lp
Dang! Feel better?

lp
I had to re-read it as well to see what i missed...didn't see anything...

Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has a 2010 Street Glide (same bike w/batwing) and we tried the SE Night Stick. She complained that cars didn't hear her. We ordered the open cap, but before it came in I bought a RGU and we went pipe shopping. Once she heard a Pro Pipe, she had to have one. It's mellow at cruise, but really wakes up cagers when she raps on it. She's a happy lady!

Put the same pipe on my RGU and ended up adding a quiet baffle - couldn't hear my grandson over the intercom with the loud pipe...

Quick Reply: 2010 Road Glide Exhaust