Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

You almost have to have the controller if you use heated clothes or you will be constantly turning it on and off.
Amen to that. Constantly switching on and off is a hassle and a distraction, and the controller is worth the money.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The Gerbing's factory is located in Washington State near Olympia. Road up there earlier this year and got a complete set of socks, pants liner, jacket liner, and gloves, and dual controller for $600. They have a discount room full of stuff with minor defects.

They make the Harley stuff. Just costs more because of the label.
Steve L.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: harley0711

Gerbings = LIFE TIME warranty - HD???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

nuff said
HD is made by Gerbing and has the same lifetime warranty.
"nuff said"?????????????????????????????

Old 12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
jkirisits
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the gerbings gloves and jacket liner... my wife got an extra batter with a tender to use the gloves on the couch while watching movies.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:36 PM
wiggy100
Intermediate

Gerbings does make the HD branded heated clothing and maintains the lifetime warranty on the heating elements. I bought the Gerbing heated jacket liner and dual permanent controller. I also bought a pair of the Gerbing heated gloves thinking I would replace an older pair of HD heated gloves (also by Gerrbing). I found the HD gloves much better in terms of fit for my hand than the new Gerbing gloves so I sold the new pair before I even used them. The HD gloves simply offer a few more options that made themsuperior in my opinion.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 15 year old Widder Vest that needed replacing. Nothing wrong with the way it works, but the collar was worn threadbare from constant head turns byunshaven neck and face. So I took a look at a lot of heated clothing. I almost bought the Gerbing (They give MSF Rider Coaches discount prices) but just didn't like the way it fit. Too loose for me, I prefer a snug fit which allows for better heat transfer to the body. And on the Gerbings the glove hook ups just kind of dangle through the holes in the sleeves. So I started looking at these two:

http://www.warmnsafe.com/heated_jacket_liner_specs.php

http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/phg.php

At the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA a couple of weeks ago I came across both Gerbings, and the Powerlet products. I bought the Powerlet because it fit snug, and the glove hook upsstore out of the way into a small zippered pocket on the sleeves. It works GREAT. I am very happy with my purchase.

So there are other options out there besides just Gerbings and HD.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:18 AM
azhole
Road Master

Sounds like the powerlet has more heating elements, in spots that the gerbing doesn't. I have gerbing, but haven't used it yet, but will in the next week or so

Old 12-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had Gerbings gear for 10 years now and it continues to keep me toasty.I only live about 40 miles from them so had the bonus of trying everything on.They do in fact make the heated gear for HD.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
ffb
Tourer

here are the facts on gerbing and look at your alternator output before you turn them all on.
in my case i kept running down the battery on my older bmw r100rs and a guzzi lemans tenni .

on my 07 sg i have the heated grips and so far have had failures when conneting the gerbings .the gartmenets ,socks ,jackets and panst ,have not gone on. they are over 5 years old and i just returned them to gerbing for updating to the new connectors .

socks-------22 watts

jacket------77 watts

gloves-----22 watts

pants-----44 watts

so, add them up,whatever you will wear and then deduct from your alternator output and the difference will determine the status of your battery

Old 12-24-2007, 08:47 AM
ffb
Tourer

sorru for the spelling errors . i typed and did not read.

Quick Reply: Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?