Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ericl
Legendzzz, try doc martens,

Check out the link I posted in my previous post.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Rockymtnglide
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sidi Canyon's....pricey but good boots.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boots with good uppers deserve a re-sole at the cobbler shop.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM
E N AZ
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Cruiserworks boots. They are very comfortable and waterproof. I don't need to pack tennis shoes, because I can walk around for hours in total comfort. I wore them on my trip to Hyder, Alaska last year and went through several days of rain including torrential rains in Alberta and never once did my feet get wet.

I also caught rain on the way to Sturgis last year, and the other two guys I rode with ended up with wet feet and saturated boots. The Cruiserworks were 100% dry.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Another vote for Cruiserworks. I've got the 11" zip-up. Light weight. Waterproof. I've actually got two pairs. The only downside I've seen is the soles wear out in around 2 years of steady use. They have to be resoled by Resole America (can't go to just any shoe shop) at around $110 resole/shipping. For me, this is slight inconvenience. Besides which, rebuilding them every two years you get new insoles, interior, etc. Cost-wise, rebuilding every 2 to 3 years beats buying a new pair that often...or wearing a pair of boots with a shot insole, interior lining, etc...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't mean to hijack this post but what type of soles do you re-sole with that are soft rubber for riding and not the hard rubber like work soles that will slip?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

good old Army issue combat boots work for me. guess wearing them for 28 years, I'm just used to them.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marvin4239
Chippewa American Made and last forever.
That's right!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Lots of good boots out there. The most important thing to me is the sole design. I prefer a Vibram sole for maximum traction when putting my foot down. There have been many times when I sat my foot down (unknowingly) on an acorn, a round pebble, or gravel, slick leaves, etc., and the cleats on the Vibram sole saved me from dropping the bike. Yes my foot slipped an inch or two, but then quickly re-gained traction. Avoid boots with slick bottoms, they are made for cowboys, not bikers.
I like to buy motorcycles from motorcycle manufacturers and my boots from boot manufacturers. I don't buy boots from motorcycle manufacturers, and have yet to see a motorcycle produced by a boot manufacturer! Buy the boot from an established manufacturer who's sole business is designing boots. Don't get cheap when buying your boots either. They are an investment, so take your time and get something that will protect your feet, ankles, and lower shins, plus keep them warm and dry to boot (pardon the pun) . Quality boots will fit, last, and perform better for you.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Doc Martens except the Industrial Black Wellington.

Quick Reply: Boots