Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Street Glide handlebar options (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/605442-street-glide-handlebar-options.html)

RHillbilly 09-28-2012 12:17 PM

Just did the ergo ups they are a couple inchs taller than stock no cable changes and they are $214 at directharleyparts .com

fat daddy 09-28-2012 12:38 PM

I have the khromewerks 2+2 on my sg they claim you can use the stock cables but I put a +4 clutch cable on mine. I like them real well but I wished they come back about an inch more,also I'm using the stock mirrors with no problems.

davey019 09-29-2012 08:56 AM

Thanks guys for posting this.

RHillbilly- The ergo ups are 2 inches taller than stock so are they the same width as the stock bar to? People say they are a little wider? Also are they the same length away from you or do they come a little closer than stock bars. Thanks

Fat Daddy- Are these wider than stock bars or about the same. They also go up 2 inches and back 2 inches so are they a little closer than stock bars and a little higher? I am kind of going towards these because they are a little cheaper in price compared to the ergo ups even with a new clutch cable.

The ergo ups just seem like they are to wide, but I guess if it doesn't make a difference than I don't know. I just want it right the first time

fat daddy 09-29-2012 11:14 AM

Yes they are a little closer. You should go to a dealer that have a bike they can put on and check the fit,this would help you make up tour mind. The change in my bars verses the stock ones are very slight in appearance but you can definitely feel.

davey019 10-04-2012 10:10 AM

I would like to see some pics if you guys have them. Still leaning towards the kromewerks with the 2+2's. The se bars are wider than stock, but this is the way all the mini apes are? Thats all I can find is 34 to 36 inches wide. Stock is 32"

coujac 10-04-2012 04:02 PM

I also installed the Khromewerks 2+2's and I Love them! I had to go with a +4 clutch cable and +4 brake lines.

I was unlucky I guess with the brake lines, I have read a lot of guys didn't need to change theirs.

I took off my fairing mirrors and installed the Kuryakyn fairing mirrors. They really look good.

Send me your email and I will send you a few pics.

davey019 10-05-2012 08:29 AM

oh you did have to change the brake line. That is what I do not want to do. Is every bike different? My email is davey019@hotmail.com
Thanks

FenderGuy53 10-05-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by fat daddy (Post 10384687)
I have the khromewerks 2+2 on my sg they claim you can use the stock cables but I put a +4 clutch cable on mine. I like them real well but I wished they come back about an inch more,also I'm using the stock mirrors with no problems.

Height? Arm length? Any pics?

Maz 11-02-2012 02:05 PM

I am following this closely, since I too am contemplating either the Khrome Werks 2+2, or the WO575 for my 08 Street Glide.

davey019 11-04-2012 03:11 PM

I just went with the WO578 10" and this way I can opull them back a little bit and still get the height I wanted out of them