Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son in Iraq The purchaes plan Bites

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Son in Iraq The purchaes plan Bites

WoW, its odd that thisthread reappears and I see my post from Oct above. I remember waiting on my bike. BTW in the next week or so I will have 10,000 mile on her! I HAVE been enjoying my freedom on the road.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
HawkPilot
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my bike while I was in Iraq. At the time I signed the paperwork, they were offering a $500 Independance Day discount for 1-4 July. I paid $16,9XX for my 2006 Road King Classic, laced wheels, two tone paint. I did not have to pay tax because I registered it in Tennessee, which doesn't charge sales tax on vehicles purchased and registered in Tennessee, as long as you have orders to Ft. Campbell.

Rich

Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
HogmanFLHX
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD San Jose, CA did my friend wrong. He ordered a road glide in Iraq ( got it below MSRP). When he returned a couple weeks ago he went to pick it up. It wasn't put together yet and they made him wait a week because since he didn't purchase it through them it wasn't a priority. I told him not to go back there ever again. Even though he lives there.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 AM
PIMAXX
Cruiser

Hogman, there you go. Dealers could care less about you unless you grease there pockets. What pissed me off was the $3,000 I saved in cost I put right back into the bike with upgrades the dealer got paid for. It wasn't like I didn't do business with them. I had a 95 big bore kit put in, new cams, stage 2 and power commander. They made money. Just wish I would have gotten service. Again, Northwest Harley Davidson, Lacy, Washington. They suck for service.

Maxx

Old 04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
abnstrglide08
3rd Gear

I am currently in Iraq. I ordered an 07 Street Glide at $17, 6xx and since HD ran out of allocations I received the options to get an 07 with Cali emissions and pay the increase $200.00 or order an 08 and pay the increaase $360.00. Needless to say I will have an 08 Strglide waiting for me when I get to TX. I am locked in at this price unless it goes down then i will get the lower price. Man if Willie G comes out with the 103

Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
awalls
4th Gear

I was going to buy mine through Through the PX in Iraq. Called local dealer and he said he would sell for same price out the door. Wasnt worth loosing a sale over it.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
L3ft2
Road Captain

If you use the site encs.com you can see what Harleys are in stock and in what country.

I got my new '06 RK Classic for $16k on March 1st through AAFES. I also get a better interest rate through the HD financing than my regular bank that I have a mortgage with.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I am retired military and when I do overseas business for the Gov we get invitational orders... friend of mine in same line of work got his 07 RKC for 17000 delivered this way... I wish I only knew because my standard delivered at MSRP was 17,300 plus all the other cr@p. Next time though...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,246 Likes on 2,476 Posts

when i was in iraq, the military sales were basically selling the bikes at msrp with an extended warranty tossed in. everything else still applied, dealer set up, delivery, etc. and yes, louisiana is one of those states that will hit you up for the sales tax when you go to register it. so no sale for me, it was easier to pay the same price here (without the warranty) and finance the sales tax......

ymmv

Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I opted out of the extended warrantee and saved the $$$. Had to pay the ENCS shipping but no dealer setup. Did have to pay the tax during del. Saved about $1500 over getting it straight from the dealer. I was worried that since I did not actually buy the bike from the local dealer they would not give me much service. I was wrong...The Sales Guy was great, taking me around to meet the parts and service guy. Made a big deal about it being a "Military BIke", everyone shaking my hand and thanking me and such! Made me feel good. BTW my ENCS rep told me that AAFES pays the dealer a few $$s for setup and such, built into the price we pay.

Quick Reply: Son in Iraq The purchaes plan Bites