Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incentives with a New Bike Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:24 AM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer wouldn't knock off the F&P but he did knock $1500 off the price so it was the same thing. He gave me $1000 in gift cards so most of my parts and labor for lowering the front and back of the bike and me seat were free. Also i got a 15% discount on other parts...which is ok but id rather get them from Surdyke at 20% off and no sales tax. Overall I'd say it was an OK deal...not great, but considering they had to order the bike from the factory for me (I didn't but from dealers stock) it was as good as I was expecting.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Last June, I paid my dealer 19,000 in ransom fees, and they thru in a brand new 2010 EGC. I have three dealer ships within 20 miles of me. All owned by the same person. The one 2 miles from me beat the others by a 1000 bux, go figure. Oh, I have bought my last three bikes from them since 03.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM
dlowenth
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies (and sorry to hijack the thread lol) - Oh yeah I know about MY savings for buying it cash but do you think that gives me any leverage with the dealer on the price of the bike or does it actually hurt me because they won't be making fees or points on financing me?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I believe cash is always better than trading something in, but try it yourself...work the 1st deal with cash only and then when you get close to finalizing the deal ask what about a trade?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

With the purchase of any new, or used bike, my dealer gives you 10% off of all parts, service or supplies for 60 days after purchase. You also get the free shirt.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although cash gives you the best overall deal if you trade or finance it gives the dealer more ways to make it LOOK like you got a good deal.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dlowenth
Thanks for the replies (and sorry to hijack the thread lol) - Oh yeah I know about MY savings for buying it cash but do you think that gives me any leverage with the dealer on the price of the bike or does it actually hurt me because they won't be making fees or points on financing me?
First things first, get the heck away from Adamec...They are always and I mean always over priced. I grew up in Jax and have bought a lot of bikes over the years. I drive to Cocoa beach or even Seminole HD. I will not deal with Adamec. They could have changed over the last few years but I doubt it...

Old 12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
dlowenth
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
First things first, get the heck away from Adamec...They are always and I mean always over priced. I grew up in Jax and have bought a lot of bikes over the years. I drive to Cocoa beach or even Seminole HD. I will not deal with Adamec. They could have changed over the last few years but I doubt it...
LOL I was trying not to be too obvious who it was. I was wondering if I was going to find that starting above MSRP was the norm. I am glad to know that not all dealerships operate that way. Thanks!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:06 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked around the area where I live and saw that one dealer was offering a good finance rate and another was giving a better trade in price and $1000 gift card. some are offering free installation of parts and so on...its probably the best time ever to shop for a motorcycle and take advantage of some good incentives.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have them put their best offer in writing, then say no, take the offer and go home. A week or two later go back and bring the first offer with you. Just look, don't ask, when they start trying to sell you a bike show the first offer to them and say the deal does not get you excited and you are not really interested, just looking. They will add to the first offer. Have them write their additions on the offer, say no and leave. Just keep doing that until you get what you want. It takes time, do it at two or three dealers at the same time and pick the best one. Don't be in a hurry and be able to say no and walk out.

Quick Reply: Incentives with a New Bike Purchase