Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 2 into1 vs D&D Fat Cat. who wins?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

love my d &d. cams + sert+tune + d&d = haul ***. great low end torque....

Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how the Super Trapp Supermeg compares to the D&D Fat Cat?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Olddudesrule
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the sound of the Fat Cats w/standard baffles on my 07 RK 103. Loud, but not obnoxious, look awesome too!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

I guess I want it louder than the standard baffle fat cat and I also wanted my pipe not to blend in with the crowd. I could have gotten the RB but I cant deal with the egos. So, this lead me to Dragos. I will give him an honest try and from what i have heard and experienced, hes a stand up guy.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to exhaust sound. I removed my Rinehart TD's for a couple of months while I searched for a muffler shop that could competently weld 02 bungs to the header pipes. A buddy loaned me a Fat Cat w/ standard baffle and it was a happy day when I could remove the Fat Cat and put the RTD's back on; the FatCat was offensively loud and had a poor tone to my ear compared to the RTD's.

There have been one or two threads recently from Fat Cat fans who are trying to figure out how to quiet them down after at least a year or more of singing their praise.

I mention that only because once you get loud, you may find after some time with the loudness, you may wish for the days of a quieter (but nowhere near stock) sound from your pipes.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy Daytona.

Carl

PS: Nice looking cop glide.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 02-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:22 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

My fxr had straight pipes with some tourqe cones at the front. I'm used to loud. Besides, with these pipes from dragos, its not a big deal to swap the baffles out.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

[QUOTE=
PS: Nice looking cop glide.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

The more you ask for people's "opinions" the more confusing it will get. You asked so here's mine. While I run a Fat Cat, I think you'll get great performance from most any 2 into 1 you choose. I like my Fat Cat because it improved my throttle response a ton, making my bike more fun to ride. I think the Fat Cat is on the cutting edge because the head pipes are stepped and equal length. I have never run a Rinehart but I know a guy with one, and it sounds great. I don't think you'll notice a tremendous difference in performance between one 2 into 1 and another. I'd get the one that I like the look, sound and price of, and go ride.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Dustball
Road Master

My Fat Cat quiet baffle has a nice deep tone, but she'll bark with you twist the wrist. Fit and finish of the pipe is top notch...a quality piece. From a performance standpoint, don't believe that nonsense that all 2:1 pipes are equal.

-Dusty

Last edited by Dustball; 02-16-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the fatcat with the standard baffle and definitely got a difference in performance. I think the standard is about as loud as I would want. The performance baffle usually ends up with the owner wanting to quiet the bike down after awhile. I think they make a "quiet" baffle as well.

Quick Reply: Rinehart 2 into1 vs D&D Fat Cat. who wins?