Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out the door price on 2011 Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
alika808
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahahaha thats better than here in cali this guy just quoted me 24K

Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every sale is unique. Just because someone bought their bike for $2K under MSRP doesn't mean you're gonna get yours for that. There are a lot of variables when it comes to buying an auto, location, dealer, time of year, model etc. Then there is the "art" of negotiation. The price you end up paying all depends on how desperate that particular dealership is to get rid of that particular bike and how badly they think you want it.
Good luck

Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
texasrich27
Cruiser

My buddy just bought that same bike in Houston. They wouldn't move from the sticker price, but he did get them to throw in the backrest, luggage rack, highway pegs along with installation and $100 gift certificate. I'd be ready to walk if they don't do something for you, but that's me.

I bought my Street Glide last year and I had to walk away from the table twice. Finally got them to eat the $995 delivery/set up. The market is still not that great. We have 5 dealers within about a 50 mile radius so we have choices and they know it.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM
fladawg01
Tourer

If you buy out of state, you do not pay tax where you bought the bike, but in the state where it will be licensed and registered.

The newest ECM adjusts for differences in climates and elevations, by the sensoring O2 modules, this is why they are liked by some. So it wouldn't matter if you bought the bike in Florida, and took it to California.

A friend of mine bought a bike from a Texas dealer and had it shipped to his home in NY. Even with the frieght, it was a better deal than he coul have gotten in NY.

Also had a buddy tell me of a dealer in Hawaii that sold bikes under list, but you had to pay the shipping which was too costly.

I'd say keep calling around, maybe look at some smaller dealers who don't move as many bikes. Quotas are tough to meet by these guys and they may have reson to move product on better discounts.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fladawg01
The newest ECM adjusts for differences in climates and elevations, by the sensoring O2 modules, this is why they are liked by some. So it wouldn't matter if you bought the bike in Florida, and took it to California.
You're right about the ECM but CA is a bad example.

"California law prohibits residents or businesses from importing and/or registering a new vehicle with less than 7,500 miles at the time of purchase unless it meets or is exempt from California Emission standards. If you acquire a 49-State vehicle (manufactured for all states except California) from another state or country, you may not be able to register your vehicle in California. "

As for a good deal, I'd start by looking at dealers selling at MSRP, no freight, no prep. There are several of them around the country. That's around $1,000 off the bat.
There's absolutely no friggin' way I'd pay a dealer to make my new bike road ready (install handlebars, check if the bolts are properly tightened, etc........). That's part of his cost of doing business. Same for freight. Considering the state of the economy, a dealer should be willing to sell a new RK without a trade at $500 under MSRP with no freight and no prep, especially if you have cash in hand,
My 0.02cts

Last edited by frenchbiker; 03-03-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't want to turn this political, but if it were me, I would try and buy the bike in Arizona. I support what they are trying to do. I was just out there for two weeks on Vacation. You have a Dealer in Sierra Vista that I visited. They seemed like nice People. Beautiful country out there, But I wouldn't trade Tennessee for it. Good luck!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by borge225
I'm about to buy a 2011 Road King. It's the 103 motor with cruise, ABS and factory security. Vivid black. Out the door the dealer wants $22,268.51. Is this a good price? Can I do better somewhere else? I'm in Arizona, near Phoenix.
Well, the tax, title and registration are paid to state and county so they aren't going to be negotiable. You cited those costs as 1694.37.

Most dealers don't want to eat the freight charges ($380).
The doc and prep fees ($545) are negotiable.

Those fees add up to $2619.37 and the OTD price is $22,268.51... so their price is $19,649.14, just above MSRP.
Maybe ask them to knock off the doc and prep and throw in a card that offsets the difference from MSRP and the freight.

Really comes down to what you are comfortable paying.

Sure wish my FLHR had the 103...

Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by alika808
hahahahaha thats better than here in cali this guy just quoted me 24K
That's probably because pelosi is holding him by the nads....LMAO

Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

In Arizona a couple Harley dealers are owned by the same corporation. You will get the same price or close to it. Check out Superstition HD. The salesman should be falling all over themselves to get you a cash, out the door deal. Shop, shop and shop some more. You and cash are king.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
cowboybob56
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Msrp?

I do appreciate all the advice and direction, but, the one income, hand to mouth bread winner, is kicked to the curb by salesmen dealing with Lawer/Doctor/CEO/Exec' s willing to toss the Platinum plastic and walk away to ride on fair to sunny weekends only. When I bought my FLHT in 07, I financed $21,000 for a, what, $14,000 motorcycle and 0 discounted add ons....wait for it....., for 6 years. I was a kid in a candy store happy to have it at any price, with a stupid grin I couldn't wipe off with Mom's spit. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Originally Posted by Grand-Dragon
In Arizona a couple Harley dealers are owned by the same corporation. You will get the same price or close to it. Check out Superstition HD. The salesman should be falling all over themselves to get you a cash, out the door deal. Shop, shop and shop some more. You and cash are king.

Quick Reply: Out the door price on 2011 Road King?