Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venture Heated Gear ... any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 AM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

OK, decided to go with Gerbings and picked up a new jacket liner at a local bike show this weekend for $170. Plan to get a dual controler and wire it up tomorrow. Looking very forward to trying it out. Figured it was the best way to go with the lifetime warranty, as I intend to ride for another 25 years.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 AM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Gears from Motorcycle Superstore last winter. Real nice. All the heated gear I tried was ok, but the gloves were much too bulky. I returned everything else and kept the Gears jacket and gloves. Gears gloves are warm and feel like normal gloves.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...chAutoComplete

Old 02-20-2011, 07:19 AM
HammerheadC4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Gerbing's heated jacket liner at
Revzilla

I had to exchange the first liner, it was too big for me. The customer service at Revzilla was excellent.

I checked out my local HD dealers, none of them had a jacket liner in my size.
I also noticed a couple differences between the harley and gerbing liners.
The elastic cuffs on the gerbing are larger and the gerbing had a PDU.
I got my controller at the dealers, because it came with a case.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
I just looked at First Gear stuff at Motorcycle Superstore and they are actually about as expensive as Gerbing. I paid $90.00 for the Gerbing dual controller and MS wants $120.00 for the First Gear unit and the jacket is the same price as Gerbing. Sorry OP, don't know about Venture but again, you get what you pay for. I know if my Gerbing gloves go bad I can stop at any HD shop and swap them out. What happens if Venture gear goes bad? Best guess is you're gonna stay cold...
I would think that you would have to take the Gerbing gloves back to the dealer that you purchased them from.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a glove go bad and took it to the dealer and it had to be sent back. Since I needed a pair right away I bought another so now have two pair. The second pair is the newer style which I like better.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Venture

I have venture jacket liner, gloves, pants liner and give it top rating for the money and little time I use it...I ride poler bear mostly of the winter and wear it for these runs...short rides my layers do just fine...I buy all my stuff at REVZILLA they are great to deal with...by the way, I have had gerbils and warm n safe products over the years ....there great too....I wanted to try the venture and their simple power controller ....works for me

Old 10-29-2013, 08:49 PM
mrmikey32
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend runs the first gear stuff and loves it.

I have another friend who also runs the tour master stuff.

Amazing stuff, and very even heat. Plus tourmaster is a great ocmpany

Old 10-29-2013, 08:52 PM
mrmikey32
Road Captain
Old 10-30-2013, 05:24 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I have both Gerbing and Warmnsafe jackets. They are about even in quality and performance, both have lifetime wiring warranties. The Warmnsafe remote heat controller is heads above everything else, and fits perfectly into a purpose built pocket in the Gen. 4 jacket. For gloves I'd go with Gerbing due to the lifetime warranty. Apply a group when you register at warmnsafe and prices drop about 20 percent.
Can you elaborate how to apply a group?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 AM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I have Venture+ Snow heated gloves that run on 2S LI-PO packs. Last about 4rhs. Used them for 2 years now and the quality is great plus no wires. I use LI-PO's in my other hobbies so I have a bunch to chose from if those packs ever die or if my ride is longer...usually not. They have 3 heat settings and keep my fingers at room temp at speed fine.

Last Christmas wife got me a heated vest from Pro Line. Another 2S LI-PO system. Last about 5 hrs. Works fine as well.

I really don't like more wires or want to mess with cords. I prefer LI-PO powered items - but I've used them for years so I'm no stranger to them.

Neither of my items, gloves or vest, cost an arm or leg and I've well got my money out of them. Yes you do get what you pay for...but some things are just way over priced per the brand name. IF I lived in Alaska and had to use them for work on a day to day basis I may rethink but for my uses, its all good. JMHO.

GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: Venture Heated Gear ... any good?