Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Differences between EG Standard, Ultra Classic, & Ultra Limited? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/615347-differences-between-eg-standard-ultra-classic-and-ultra-limited.html)

Fire-Medic 03-01-2011 08:35 PM

Differences between EG Standard, Ultra Classic, & Ultra Limited?

Can't find the answers I am looking for, and it's a pain back and forth on the harley website, can someone please spell out for me the differences between the three models, far as I can tell this is where I am at:

EG Classic- No heated grips, no rear speakers, 40W stereo, no CB, powerpak not standard

Ultra Classic- Rear speakers, 80W stereo, powerpak not standard

Ultra Limited- Heated grips, 80W stereo, CB, 103 standard, extra for security and ABS

Any help here would be appreciated. Trying to make sense of the three models, but it basically looks like if one were going to get an EG Standard, or Ultra Classic and opt for the powerpak (103, ABS, etc) you might as well just get the limited and deal with the stuff you won't use....

:icon_shrug:

Avalanche_Mutt 03-01-2011 08:44 PM

EG Standard- No heated grips, no rear speakers, 40W stereo, no CB, powerpak not standard

Ultra Classic- Rear speakers, cb, 80W stereo, powerpak not standard

Ultra Limited- Heated grips, 80W stereo, CB, 103 standard, security and ABS, oil cooler, power outlet in tour pak, tour pak rack

mkguitar 03-01-2011 09:33 PM

EG Standard? that model went away no?

Maybe you mean EG Classic no fairing lowers either or tourpak side marker lights

Ultra add fairing lowers and tourpak side marker lights

Ultra Limited- add to the list fairing lowers, tourpak side marker lights, special colors, no saddlebag bars

and then badges are different- the classic has decals on the tank and front fender trim.

all 3 models have the same suspension ( FLHX Street Glide has rear lowered 1")

The Harley- Davidson model alphabet soup is a fun game- decoder ring helps!

BTW I'm on my 2nd EG Classic- don't need the rear speakers or CB.
The Classic is easier to strip down ( remove tourpak) as the wiring is less complicated.
The big Tbag can't fit on the rear seat on models with rear speakers.
the optional ABS, security and cruise control are well worth it.
I add fairing lowers as well

mike

mphamrick 03-01-2011 09:54 PM

If your question is should I go ahead and spend the money for the Limited I would say yes, it is cheaper that way. I have spent the extra money and it is costly to make mine similar to the Limite Ultra Classic... Just MOP

goodryde04 03-01-2011 10:21 PM

I don't know about now but the 09 classic didn't have heat shields.

Harleyboyddk 03-01-2011 10:35 PM

Is there no dealer to give you a buyers guide listing the different bikes? If not, email HD directly. Then you can go over the minor details, as well as the obvious major differences.

ke5rbd 03-02-2011 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by mkguitar (Post 7988514)
EG Standard? that model went away no?

Maybe you mean EG Classic no fairing lowers either or tourpak side marker lights

Ultra add fairing lowers and tourpak side marker lights

Ultra Limited- add to the list fairing lowers, tourpak side marker lights, special colors, no saddlebag bars

and then badges are different- the classic has decals on the tank and front fender trim.

all 3 models have the same suspension ( FLHX Street Glide has rear lowered 1")

The Harley- Davidson model alphabet soup is a fun game- decoder ring helps!

BTW I'm on my 2nd EG Classic- don't need the rear speakers or CB.
The Classic is easier to strip down ( remove tourpak) as the wiring is less complicated.
The big Tbag can't fit on the rear seat on models with rear speakers.
the optional ABS, security and cruise control are well worth it.
I add fairing lowers as well

mike

The Limited also has chrome rims and the ultra has polished aluminum. Limited also has 12 volt power accessory point in tour pak.

103 sedona orange 03-02-2011 01:47 AM

2009 was the last year HD made a FLHT STD Electraglide Std. I had a 2007 FLHT STD. motor color was silver,engine had polished parts (NOT CHROME) no radio,2 gauges(oil press & volt) had speedo & tach, front & rear fenfers had no bumpers. no tourpack,no lowers, no extra bars covering sides of saddles,no cruise control. I may have missed something. It was a stripped down ElectraGlide Classic. Paint was solid colors only. It was a great bike for the price.

LadyDeluxe 03-02-2011 09:01 AM

The Limited also has Titanium Face Gauges. I decided on the Limited, comes with everything on my must have list.

ncdan 03-02-2011 09:09 AM

you left out the classic