Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bat-wing'ers: Why didn't you buy a FUGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my batwing because I'm REAL insecure and I just wanted to have what everyone else had. I park it in the driveway and pose every day. I see those Road Glides on the highway. Man those guys really put the miles on those bikes. Not me. My batwing is pretty unstable at highway speeds and above. But hey, at least I have what everybody else has! I don't ride much so it doesn't matter, but man, I look cool in my driveway or parked in front of the bar at bike nite. Sometimes I can't find my bike though. I guess because it is parked in a giant sea of batwings. Its cool though cause we all have the same exact bikes; batwings. Kinda cookie cutter I guess but I really feel like I belong with my chaps and gloves and my vest with all my patches and, oh yes, my batwing. Those headlights on them Road Glides don't even turn with the bars!!! How in the hell can anyone ride them things!! And and and the radio controls are at least a mile away. How the hell am I supposed to change a cd when I'm going 60 mph? I don't even wave at them there Road Glides, just BATWINGS!! I'm a real biker cause I ride BATWINGS!! I'm even thinking about riding with a BATMAN costume. I'll be right back, theres a car coming up my street and I gotta go pose in my driveway with my batwing.......

Old 03-05-2011, 03:38 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,783 Likes on 1,574 Posts
Default what an asshat

Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,433 Likes on 2,650 Posts

Originally Posted by drukanfu
Because I didn't want my bike to look like a far east space turd.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I wanted a Road Glide Ultra, but they didn't make one in 2010. I briefly considered a Road Glide Custom, but choked at the price when I added everything in to bring it to "Ultra" level. I bought an Electra Glide Ultra Limited instead (it was still cheaper).

In January I rented a RGU out in Arizona and put 1,800 miles on it in 3 days. Rode it on the highway, rode it in the city, rode it in the mountains. I'm very thankful that it wasn't available in 2010. I would have bought it, and I never would have been able to do the trips I've done, 'cause my wife hated it. All the wind from above and around the fairing & windshield converged right in her face. Now I know that you can adjust some of that with a recurved windshield, but that wouldn't change the blast from the sides.

On top of that, for the money it's just lacking a lot of stuff.

I like the way they look, and it rode really well (better than a Batwing, though not by much). But it really made me appreciate my FLHTK that much more when I got home.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:47 PM
g money
Account Retired

Willie G himself rides a shark nose. Phfft, what does he know? Theres even a picture of him leading the 2010 love ride in California on page 84 of the April issue of American Iron magazine. Hes riding a stinkin Road Glide. He can ride any HD he wants, why does he ride a Road Glide? Shows what he knows.

Robbie Knievel rides a shark nose. That dude can barely ride. If he had any brains he'd be on a batwing.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g money
I bought my batwing because I'm REAL insecure and I just wanted to have what everyone else had. I park it in the driveway and pose every day. I see those Road Glides on the highway. Man those guys really put the miles on those bikes. Not me. My batwing is pretty unstable at highway speeds and above. But hey, at least I have what everybody else has! I don't ride much so it doesn't matter, but man, I look cool in my driveway or parked in front of the bar at bike nite. Sometimes I can't find my bike though. I guess because it is parked in a giant sea of batwings. Its cool though cause we all have the same exact bikes; batwings. Kinda cookie cutter I guess but I really feel like I belong with my chaps and gloves and my vest with all my patches and, oh yes, my batwing. Those headlights on them Road Glides don't even turn with the bars!!! How in the hell can anyone ride them things!! And and and the radio controls are at least a mile away. How the hell am I supposed to change a cd when I'm going 60 mph? I don't even wave at them there Road Glides, just BATWINGS!! I'm a real biker cause I ride BATWINGS!! I'm even thinking about riding with a BATMAN costume. I'll be right back, theres a car coming up my street and I gotta go pose in my driveway with my batwing.......

That whole headlight thing sucks! I can't see when I'm going around curves at night.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM
g money
Account Retired

Originally Posted by DMorr99
That whole headlight thing sucks! I can't see when I'm going around curves at night.
I can't even steer the thing during the day! Bars turning one way, fairing pointed another. When I ride in the curves, I crank the bars from full lock to full lock you know.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 101 Posts

Did not like the look of the RG and on my second Ultra. Starting to like the new Road Glide , but still like the Ultra better. Good thing because cant afford not to keep it.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, the bat-wing just screams HD for me. It has really a clssic looks and I like that. I tried a shark nose, but to be honest, and Iam not dissing the the Shark riders, or fugly, which I do not think they are, but I did not like the fact the fairing did not turn with the bike. Made me feel like I was back on my gold wing. OUCH!!!! I know will hear it for that one.

secondly, I love the fact that the front end of the bike moves as my head and eyes do. It in a sense gives me a greater sense of control over the bike.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ROTFLMAO at g money..............

Quick Reply: Bat-wing'ers: Why didn't you buy a FUGLY?