Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:07 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by L.Jimmy
Paid her off. All mine now...
Expect to be bombarded by MoCo with ads showing you all the new models; time to trade up....
Oh, congrats on taking possession. tp dd50

Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Odd986
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Way to go

Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Angryman
Cruiser
Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Ordered some stereo "stuff"

Old 03-11-2019, 06:41 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Congrats. I just did the same for mine (see sig pic), but just signed on the dotted line for a new '19 Barracuda Silver Street Glide Special to keep her sister, Cherry, company. Wow, what a great bike. Now, what shall I call her....hmmmmm? Any suggestions?

Dealer took 5K off the MSRP of $27,589 droping the price to $22,589. Of course I had to have a bunch of Accessories that added up to over $3k. So with all the other add ons (Freight, dealer prep, Taxes, Tags, etc) it still was just under $30K OTD. But it coulda been worse.

Still have a few things to have done immediately. Because I'm short I'm going to have Suspension Technologies lower the bike 1" both front and rear at their booth at Destination Daytona. Then it is over to the S&S Booth to have a set of 4 1/2" Grand Natonals or Slash Cut Slip-on's installed (Can't quite decide which I like better). Then to the CD booth to have them install their Pro-beam headlight and to puchase a set of matching 4" Passing lamps that will go in the passing lamp buckets that the dealer will install next week some time. Then last but not least, Mark Brody, will do a custom pinstripe job to make this into a even more beautiful rendition of this great looking bike.

I'll drop in and post some pics after she is all done up propper.

I guess I've moved over to the dark side.

Last edited by FrankEV; 03-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yesterday it was 60° so I decided to surprise my step-son by picking him up from school. I love seeing his face light up when he walks out of the school and sees me on my Road King.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:52 AM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 AM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

I pulled the cam plate out so I can replace the tensioner pads. Installing Cyco pads, and putting a new set of lifters in.

I stripped a few of the cam cover screws when taking the cover off. I had to cut slots in them and use an impact driver to get them out. I had to do this on 3 of them for whatever damn reason (over torqued?), the rest of the cover screws came out lickety-split .

This is a pic of her all nice and cozy after getting her guts ripped out.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

For the last few nights I have been slowly working on swapping out my header on my 2013 Road Glide. Going for a de-catted stock to a RC Power Max that is Ceramic Coated. Overall on the header it has been a fight to get it installed. Not the best fit and finish but for the price I paid I really can't complain to loudly. Thus why there is a pipe wrench to make some minor adjustments to a bracket here and there.

Final step is to finish up the new tuner, check for leaks and put some heat-shields on. Going to give a Thundermax a go since I have been struggling with a surging issue even after a Dyno Tune using a Vision. So far she started last night and was able to idle.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:17 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Frogprince
For the last few nights I have been slowly working on swapping out my header on my 2013 Road Glide. Going for a de-catted stock to a RC Power Max that is Ceramic Coated. Overall on the header it has been a fight to get it installed. Not the best fit and finish but for the price I paid I really can't complain to loudly. Thus why there is a pipe wrench to make some minor adjustments to a bracket here and there.

Final step is to finish up the new tuner, check for leaks and put some heat-shields on. Going to give a Thundermax a go since I have been struggling with a surging issue even after a Dyno Tune using a Vision. So far she started last night and was able to idle.
Looks like a good job to me. The ceramic coated pipes are really a nice way to go.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by crazytown
Looks like a good job to me. The ceramic coated pipes are really a nice way to go.
Main issues where the crossover pipe the bracket is bent towards the center of the bike. It prevented it from sliding far enough up on the header. A hammer, pipe wrench and some choice words it fits perfectly now.

My only other gripe is that the O2 Sensor on the rear pipe blocks off the lower exhaust bolt. The joy of having to torque down to a specific amount but cant get more than a spanner in there. Thus why I am still needing to check for leaks.

The following users liked this post:
crazytown (03-14-2019)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?