Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:45 PM
in2harleys
Advanced
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine is not one of the chinese ones on ebay. I did consider them, but went with the EZ-up version.
Getting it up on the stand is not too difficult. It is just like the video.....i put all my weight on the left leg, and it goes goes up on the stand.....it feel like a slow motion action when it is happening. Getting it off the stand...You just put it in first gear, and ride off. If need be, it can be pushed off the stand without too much trouble.

Last edited by in2harleys; 03-23-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 PM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Got the Thunder Max installed, rc exhaust header and the new Continental tires. She hasn't responded this well ina very long time.

Took her out for a 30 mile juant.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,125 Posts

finally got out for first ride of the spring around 75 miles felt good winter has been too long!! keep coming warm weather I am ready!!

Old 03-23-2019, 11:02 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Why do members respond with totally useless info like, “I patted it when I walked by it, it put gas in it and went for a ride”. FFS folks, submit useful post.
Jeesh

Old 03-23-2019, 11:14 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
Why do members respond with totally useless info like, “I patted it when I walked by it, it put gas in it and went for a ride”. FFS folks, submit useful post.
Jeesh
Not so rough, Francis. Not everyone works on their bike every day, like we used to decades ago, but, still want to be a part of the thread. Sometimes riding it is the best thing one can do. tp

The following users liked this post:
Mallard Slayer (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 01:04 PM
slentz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Legend shocks

Bought a pair of 12" Legend Revo shocks for my 2011 Road Glide Ultra and put them on a couple weeks ago. Figured I put them on my bike and if I didn't like them I would replace them with the stock shocks and put the Legends on my wife's 2010 Street Glide and see if she liked them. Yesterday was the first nice day to take the bikes out so we took a really rough road (which isn't hard to find in Wisconsin) and they performed AWESOME!! My wife took an ibuprofen when she got home because he road was that rough but my ride was completely 1000% better than the stock shocks. When we got home I called my Harley dealer and ordered a pair for my wife because mine are STAYING on the bike. We have about 80,000 miles on the bikes and really should have done this YEARS ago. Now I am thinking about having the Legend kits installed on the front of both bikes, too!!

Last edited by slentz; 03-24-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:43 PM
RickW3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally installed my screaming eagle Kevlar clutch and spring. Changed the oil with syn3, primary with redline, and trans with redline shockproof. All I can say is what’s difference. Clutch engagement is nice and crisp, clutch spring is not to stiff. Rides very tame when you want it to, but she runs really angry when you want it to. If you like to slam through the gears and go, all I can say is it will hook up. So far this seems to have solved my clutch issues. Old clutch didn’t look to bad. New one definitely has more meat to it. Got a nice 75 mile ride in while the weather finally turned nice.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Grove Rat
Cruiser
Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Repaired the rear brake light switch wire connector because the wire was stretched tighter than Rick's hat band. Washed her up and put about 80 miles on.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:52 PM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 901 Likes on 497 Posts

Winter came to an abrupt stop last week and it kicked my motivation in high gear to complete my winter maintenance and mods. I tackled quite a few projects and I'm proud of all I managed to accomplish with some basic tools, a service manual, videos, forum threads, patience, and a little guidance here.there from a local Indie when I was having blonde moments (I had a few). Only specialty tools I needed was a 36mm wrench for the forks and a rear axle nut wrench.

List of maintenance/mods: complete tear down of front forks:
* replaced bushings, added Progressive HD springs, polished the lowers, and then had them Cerakoted
* swapped out my all fairing lights to blue LEDs, including pulling the speedo/tach apart and soldering new LEDs. I sent the stereo to Iron Cross to repair and modify. Ran USB input into glove box
* repaired cracked mounting holes on outer fairing with 3M epoxy
* pulled rear swing arm off and replaced the bearings. One was almost seized and cracked right across the middle. Replaced the rubber bushings as well
* pulled tank and replaced fuel filter
* replaced air intake, derby cover, and cam cover
* replaced shift linkage
* replaced air horn with bottle opener and Fiam blaster
* replaced air shocks with Pro Action shocks
* polished all chrome while pulled off bike and then what was left remaining on the bike
* added glovebox liners, Quadlock phone holder, new headlight bezel (just did this today)
* drilled out front turn signal bezels to accept dual amber/white 1157 bulbs
* repaired rear cush drive pulley as something jammed up in the belt and popped off one of the tack welds and bent the inner guard a bit
* installed Progressive Touring link but I need an alignment to get the link to properly install

All that is left is to get proper pipe clamps to fit the Reinhart system (the old ones snapped off when I pulled off the rear slips) and I am going to get my Indie shop to adjust the alignment and install my new motor mount. I pulled the rear tire and loosened the rear sing arm three different times to try to pop the alignment into place but I am still a few mm out and the rear tire is close to the fender on the right side - my Progressive Touring link will not install due to poor alignment. I figured I'll let the Indie install the new front motor mount I bought from him when he goes in there to loosen everything up for the alignment. It will be insured and riding season again in 2 weeks; I am 1.5 months ahead of my May deadline for completion. I was so stoked to get it together that I went for a quick rip around the neighbourhood without pipes, grinning the whole time.

Fairing mounted with new light bezel
What did you do to your bagger today?-3pnggmx.jpg

Fuzzy glove boxes
What did you do to your bagger today?-wo9laud.jpg

Quadlock phone holder mounted, replaced the SiriusXM radio that always cut out due to poor signal (poor signal due to living in the mountains)
What did you do to your bagger today?-5x5dtwj.jpg

Back together and running, minus the pipes that are waiting for proper clamps
What did you do to your bagger today?-tuxn2n2.jpg

Old 03-25-2019, 08:04 AM
patjj
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Vance n Hines Fuelpak FP3 to my 2017 Road King with stock pipes and 41,500 miles. Somebody get this snow n salt outta here so I can play with it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?