Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 10:44 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,649 Likes on 1,108 Posts

I lived a short while, as a kid, in Altus, OK, and an even shorter while in the early 80's while in training with the FAA, in OKC. The people were fantastic, but It didn't appeal to me. But then again, the first time, I was a kid, and went nowhere, and the second time was for only a few month, with training so intense, again, I went nowhere, lol. So not really a fair assessment. My wife, however, has no desire to be up close and personal with tornadoes. We did get a few warnings the short time we were there. I know, here, we have fires, and earth quakes. Neither are pleasant, having been through both, but this IS home. What can I say?

The following 2 users liked this post by handirifle:
Morish (10-19-2021), OkieBill (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 04:52 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Yes California has a lot to offer, especially northern and central areas. I’m 66.5 yrs of age and moved my family to NC 12 years ago. If I had family in California, I would probably still be living there as well. I lived in Porter Ranch. 45 min drive to Malibu maybe no=w 1.5 hour drive LOL.
It’s definitely a beautiful state and there is nothing like Hwy 1 going north. The Red Woods are spectacular and I can smell them now. LOL
Stay safe my friend

Last edited by Morish; 10-19-2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:34 AM
cyclone65
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

After college I always wanted to try my hand at long haul trucking, so I got a job hauling boxed beef from Iowa out to L.A., and produce back here...Rural California where I loaded the produce was my absolute favorite! The people were great and the scenery was to.

I could see that the riding out there would be phenomenal.

The earthquakes and driving a semi in the urban areas I didn't care for. Oh and the Santa Ana winds, weren't any fun in the semi.

Old 10-19-2021, 11:16 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

I lived right by the Santa Susanna Pass in Porter Ranch. Yes the strong winds and fires I do not miss. Earthquakes, lived through many, especially the Last one Northridge Quake. I personally would rather go through Earthquakes than Tornadoes. A few years back had a tornado pass over my home. Took down a very large oak tree in my yard and the wind, rain was actually frightening. It was totally gray outside when it went through. Maybe I’m use to Earthquakes, I remember 1969 quake, fairly large but not as large as the Northridge Quake.
Well, enjoy your day and keep safe my friend.

The following users liked this post:
cyclone65 (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 11:43 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,649 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Cyclone65
Rural CA is where I live. There are cattle ranches all over this area. Within a 15 min drive, in different directions, I can reach ranches that range anywhere from 11,000 to 17,000 acres each. There are three of them. A friend of ours runs one, his son runs another, and the third is owned by local business owners. Each runs hundreds of cattle each year. I feel really fortunate to be here.

We only moved to this area in 2009, after I retired, and love it. We only have 3 acres, and I tell folks we have the postage stamp of a lot compared to our neighbors. Left of us is 13 acres, right is 9. Everyone behind us, has at least 160 each. I have permission to deer hunt on two of those, but have not hunted for the last 5yrs. Was not eating all the meat, so saw no point in continuing to kill. If food shortage ever became an issue, I would not hesitate to resume though.

Anyway, enough of me and CA, back to riding, which IS why we meet here.

The following 2 users liked this post by handirifle:
cyclone65 (10-19-2021), Morish (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 01:04 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,888 Likes on 4,674 Posts

I'm out of mods to do for a while, but will be doing some big things when I save the cash up again. Front shocks, full service in 1500 miles which will be the 15k service. In the mean time the only thing I'm adding are miles.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:49 PM
BouseBill
Road Master

Received 1,266 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
Freedom Shield arrived today, less than a half hour to install.

Old

New

Our UPS man (yep) didn't arrived till 4:00 or so. Test ride tomorrow, going to leave the film on until I'm sure it will fit my height. I sat on the bike and still looking over the top of the shield by a couple inches I would think., Went with the dark gray, I think it looks better with the Vivid Black.
50 mile ride this morning. I'm happy with the new windshield. Should keep the bugs out of my eyes next spring and summer. The air definitely flows above my helmet now. 12 miles on the freeway at 80 mph, I could not hear the music though .

The following 2 users liked this post by BouseBill:
NoRegerts (10-19-2021), T-town (10-21-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 02:59 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

50 mile ride this morning. I'm happy with the new windshield. Should keep the bugs out of my eyes next spring and summer. The air definitely flows above my helmet now. 12 miles on the freeway at 80 mph, I could not hear the music though .
You need to upgrade the audio system! But really, are you still getting all the wind noise canceling out the radio sounds?

Old 10-19-2021, 03:10 PM
BouseBill
Road Master

Received 1,266 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
You need to upgrade the audio system! But really, are you still getting all the wind noise canceling out the radio sounds?
at 80 mph yes, LOL,
Up to about 60 mph, the music was ok, degrading as you go faster of course. But really that's to be expected, if I want to listen to music I use Pandora through the CARDO.

Old 10-19-2021, 03:57 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

at 80 mph yes, LOL,
Up to about 60 mph, the music was ok, degrading as you go faster of course. But really that's to be expected, if I want to listen to music I use Pandora through the CARDO.
I only ask because in Texas 80+ is the norm. Even with the new loud pipes, I can hear my radio easily with room to make it louder. I listen to mostly country. When I get into the rock and roll, I have to turn it down lol

I guess the buffeting elimination is the best property of the windscreen however.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?