Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 04:10 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Very minor project. I moved the Tour Pak on my 10 Ultra forward 1 inch. I did it just to move the loaded weight forward. I know that it is only a minor amount but it was a simple easy change.

I was looking into a kit to move it all the way up to use it as a backrest. But when I checked the kit was $1K and you needed to buy a solo seat.

I think I saw the ad in American Iron Mag. Looked unusual for the tour pak to be so far forward but it does keep the load a little ahead of the rear axle which would be great to long tours. Mine in never used for two up as the wife does not ride at all.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Got a 103 quote...

What did I do, well talked with two indy's regarding a 103 install on my 2011 RK. The first one was local in my very small town and does good by the people I've talked with. Answered all my questions and gave me the best price out of all the potentials I talked with. The second guy today asked me a few questions and then said he recommended adjustables. I told him that since we are doing a top end re and re with no head work etc that we should just use the stock rods. He said you can't. I said why. He said if you don't cut the old ones out you have to do a complete motor removal and split the cases etc. I am new to this MoCo mod game and even though I know a little bit I didn't want to get into it with him even though he said he's done "many", I just thanked him for his 20+ hour quote and moved on. That's what I did today.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:19 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took off the right side Rinehart muffler to be returned to dealer for warranty replacement baffle loose and making a terrible sound !!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:59 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
What did I do, well talked with two indy's regarding a 103 install on my 2011 RK. The first one was local in my very small town and does good by the people I've talked with. Answered all my questions and gave me the best price out of all the potentials I talked with. The second guy today asked me a few questions and then said he recommended adjustables. I told him that since we are doing a top end re and re with no head work etc that we should just use the stock rods. He said you can't. I said why. He said if you don't cut the old ones out you have to do a complete motor removal and split the cases etc. I am new to this MoCo mod game and even though I know a little bit I didn't want to get into it with him even though he said he's done "many", I just thanked him for his 20+ hour quote and moved on. That's what I did today.
What is it like to git a kit shipped to ya from the Other Side. " U.S. "
I would call Scott with Hillside.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
What is it like to git a kit shipped to ya from the Other Side. " U.S. "
I would call Scott with Hillside.
I got the Ness A/C, $94.99, KB pistons off eBay, $165, 204 cams off Zanotti's plus clutch spring and got it sent to my friend down in Oregon, he then sends it up as a gift. Far cheaper than up here, no matter what kind of a deal locals can cut ya. I've gotten over 700 feedback on the auction, and I can tell you that just about everything comes from across the line or Hong Kong. Next is a TTS from somewhere down south. Thanks

Old 12-23-2011, 03:05 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
Recieved my Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 amp today, can't wait to install it
Still havn't installed the amp, reasoning is I put on my V&H true duals, Ultra oil cooler. Now I"m waiting for my Bagger brace to get here.
Also ordered Progressive front shocks!
Looks like the Amp is going to have to take a back seat till the other mods are finished.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I added a Street Glide saddle bag filler and tri light to the fender tip. I hated the open look to the back end of my Roadie...

Before...

After...

Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
joe_carrera
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today, put on the A/C from fuel moto and the Powervision

No problem what so ever ! I'll ride the SG tomorrow to test the Stage 1 power

Old 12-23-2011, 04:32 PM
SugsPa
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts

Rode It.

SugsPa

Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 PM
LimitedLou
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put 250 miles on today. Just turned 47,000 miles

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?