Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you do with your mp3 player?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the power point in my tourpak, then plugged in an RF transmitter that plays songs from an SD card. Works like a champ, turns off when I turn the bike off, picks back up at the same place when I turn it back on.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,222 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
I do the velrco also, someday I'll break down and spend the $$$ on the interface. Till then this works for me.
its worth the investment. having the ability to change songs with the handlebar controls is great. plus, you keep your ipod put away, keeps it charged, and you don't have to worry about turning it off. plus the sound through the data cable is better than through the earbud port.

Originally Posted by TreyParrish
I have the interface... Kind of a ripoff but being able to control it from the handlebars is awesome!
it isn't so bad if you get it through one of the discounters. (i recommend pc pain, aka jon, at jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com)

Originally Posted by LA ***
I've just been using the fairing pouch for the past couple of years. I really like the Rider's Claw but they don't make a mount for my model iPod!!! How much is the interface??

Late,
what model ipod do you have? the interface is really designed for the nano. it will work with the iphone, and touch, but you have to start your music app first. it will work with the older classic (with the mech hard drive) but will give you a couple of warnings first. and you really shouldn't use one of those on a bike anyway, the vibes will kill it in short order.

Originally Posted by Krow
I don't use my IPhone on the bike. Have a Sansa Clip - about 1" X 1.5" and has 4 GB memory. About $50. Load it up with tunes and velcro it to the top of the clutch lever housing, just behind the mirror (2010 Ultra). Power it off the lighter socket and run the patch cord down the bar, through the fairing and out the right side to the radio. While riding I can leave my hand on the left grip and reach the Sansa with my index finger to either repeat or go to next song. In the rain I just take it off and put it in my windshield bag. Cheap enough that I don't even bother taking it off most of the time. BTW - sounds great!
i used the clip prior to getting the ipod interface as well. something that you may or may not be aware of with the clip is that the memory is expandable. i was using an 8gig micro sd card with mine. and unlike other mp3 players, you do not have to specify which memory you are accessing, internal or external, with the clip it is seamless.

Last edited by skratch; 04-17-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 PM
TreyParrish
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's seamless with the Ipod touch as well and you don't have to start the music app.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
hartk1
Intermediate

Will the interface work with the Droid 2?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
cantonrider
Club Member

i use the HD "pouch" with rare earth magnets....it has a clear plastic cover which is less than ideal, but it works well for me. it has padding for the magnets so it doesn't scratch the tank.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
cantonrider
Club Member
Default What I use for my IPOD

Name:  91003_10_S_251ad.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  3.0 KB

This is a picture of it....$40....part # 91003-10

Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mp3 player is my Zumo550. I have it attached with the ram mount that came with it.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just burn MP3s to a disk? Nothing hanging on the fairing or handlebars and no cords.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
steve82172
Advanced

You are using the wrong Velcro that is for hobbies find an industrial Velcro it will work and looks better no fraying or the like its cheep And yes cheesy but functional

Old 05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
thefixer
Tourer

Here is my set-up.
I have the I-pod in a case that normally would clip to my belt. I put the hook portion of velcro on the fairing, and the loop or soft potion on the back of the clip.
Since I don't have a radio, I have helmet speakers and on the top of the switch housing there is a volume control within the reach of my thumb, and I don't have to take my hand off the bar to mess with it.
I have had this set-up for a few years now, and never had a problem.....

This is a repost from last year....

Attached Thumbnails What do you do with your mp3 player?-ipod-setup.jpg  

Quick Reply: What do you do with your mp3 player?