Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straps for traveling

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.helen2wheels.com/

the Beemer motorcycle crowd have been using this for years...

Old 04-24-2011, 09:49 PM
lipster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruise_carter
http://www.helen2wheels.com/

the Beemer motorcycle crowd have been using this for years...
Yup, they work well on both.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:07 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the bungy cord nets to secure stuff down on my tour pak rack on my trip from NH to sturgis in 09' ,HD pillion mounted luggage bag with the rubber liner inside for my clothes and everything i wanted dry,all my camping gear fit inside the tour pak(2 full size pillows in one of those vacum down bags,6 person kelty grand meza back packing tent,sleeping bag,ground tarp,exped air matress) only things netted down on the tour pak rack were my bike cover and my rain gear(on top) 13 day trip,carried a total of 82 pounds with me (most of the weight on the rear seat in the bag) had almost everthing one could imagine to bring along for just about any problem roadside,and used less than 1/2 of it. those cargo nets hold very well,lots of hooks on them. i slid wire shrink wrap over my hooks ,just as a extra layer of protection for my rack's finish.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bungee never had a problem

But I've seen rope,straps,chains on the road too

Old 04-25-2011, 05:36 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the net, it works great and I have never had a problem.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

a combo of bungee cords from walmart. you can get a set of varying lengths for a good price. they are packed in a small plastic container. also another good item is a small bungee used all this stuff on a trip from jax florida to sturgis SD. no problems at all.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 AM
m.breen
Advanced

Originally Posted by BirchwhiteHD
I used the bungy cord nets to secure stuff down on my tour pak rack on my trip from NH to sturgis in 09' ,HD pillion mounted luggage bag with the rubber liner inside for my clothes and everything i wanted dry,all my camping gear fit inside the tour pak(2 full size pillows in one of those vacum down bags,6 person kelty grand meza back packing tent,sleeping bag,ground tarp,exped air matress) only things netted down on the tour pak rack were my bike cover and my rain gear(on top) 13 day trip,carried a total of 82 pounds with me (most of the weight on the rear seat in the bag) had almost everthing one could imagine to bring along for just about any problem roadside,and used less than 1/2 of it. those cargo nets hold very well,lots of hooks on them. i slid wire shrink wrap over my hooks ,just as a extra layer of protection for my rack's finish.
The shrink wrap sounds like a great idea..saves me from dipping them in that liquid plastic and hanging 'em to dry. It's cheap here at Princess Auto to boot.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Camping

I would recommend this bag http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=7086

You can pack your sleeping bag and some other items in this bag plus use it as a back rest. Using one of those spider cords attach your tent to your rack.

You could get a nice self inflating pad that would fit on the rack with the tent.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

Pack everything you need for that long, solo ride across the country. This large touring bag is 17" wide x 10" deep x 19" tall and is designed to fit the passenger seat of Harley Touring models. The bag includes a water-resistant polyethylene liner that helps the bag retain its shape even when empty. Straps to the saddlebag guards and Tour-PakŪ mounting rack for convenient installation. Luggage Capacity: 2,800 cubic inches.

94788-01A

I'm using this luggage bag,and after 1 1/2 days of riding in heavy rain "Passenger Pillion-Mounted Ultra Touring Bag",back in 09' on my sturgis trip,I can tell you this,this bag doesnt leak a drop,it has a rubber liner in it,nothing in this bag got wet or damp. zannotti's was were i bought it.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master

I find the bungees of different lengths with plastic hooks. Work fine. Just secure your load well and check it at every stop.

Quick Reply: Straps for traveling