Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who actually rides in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So who actually rides in the rain?

Gotta say, I am really surprised at all the threads about being too wet to ride, not getting in my miles, etc. I was under the impression one benefit of riding a bike with a fairing, storage space, and windshield was that you were no longer a slave to the weather. Not hating on anyone, do what you like and all but is there anyone who enjoys riding riding regardless of the weather. Just wondering if I am the only filthy FLH in town.

Be safe.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will ride in the rain when I get caught in it...or if it is a road trip (where for some reason, I always seem to run into rain)...but do I wake up, look out the window and say "Oh goodie...it's pouring...let's go riding"...no.

I live in Georgia, where 80% of the driving public seems to lose half their ability to operate a motor vehicle when it rains...so I usually avoid it if I can.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I will ride in the rain no problem. Many times it can not be avoided. We take many multi day trips and you just pack rain gear and hope for the best. Besides it is kind of cool to be riding along dry in a pouring rain. Having the right gear makes the world of difference. Enjoy your bike now, clean it later.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Georgia, where 80% of the driving public seems to lose half their ability to operate a motor vehicle when it rains...
It's the same in Michigan. My bike has met rain. I take my chances with the forecast, and sometimes I lose. I don't mind so much riding HOME from work in the rain. Going in? I'll take the car.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
TCMAN
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well, I for one do. I didn't spend $25K for my Limited to sit and look pretty in the garage.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
kdichs1015
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride in the rain when I have to. If I can get around a storm I will, its part of the adventure. I agree that having a bike with a place to put raingear makes it a lot more pleasant.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
...Besides it is kind of cool to be riding along dry in a pouring rain. Having the right gear makes the world of difference. Enjoy your bike now, clean it later.
Thats where I am at. Since I got this thing I haven't missed a day of riding (80 mile commute) and most have been soggy. Bought a decent suit and a FF and I dont give the weather a second thought. I would much rather be puttin along on the bike than stuck in the truck.

Again, just curiosity......

Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I will ride in the rain no problem. Many times it can not be avoided. We take many multi day trips and you just pack rain gear and hope for the best. Besides it is kind of cool to be riding along dry in a pouring rain. Having the right gear makes the world of difference. Enjoy your bike now, clean it later.
There you go. I don't let the rain stop me from riding. I prefer it not to rain, but I don't look out the window wishing it would stop so I can go for a ride. Been in the rain many many times, hasn't killed me yet, it is even kinda of fun sometimes.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I do, every day. Unless I have an offsite meeting I have to ride to, and can't show up in dripping rain gear. and I'm on an unfaired, windshieldless sportster.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Reverend
Tourer

Originally Posted by TCMAN
Well, I for one do. I didn't spend $25K for my Limited to sit and look pretty in the garage.
I do! If it's piddling down I take the car.

Quick Reply: So who actually rides in the rain?